Dsi wifi

mouiepower

WiiChat Member
Jul 15, 2007
I have a problem with the DS WIFI because it only uses WEP encryption.I wanted to know if the DSI is compatable with different encryptions like the Wii?

Not really sure, but all DS/D lite model worked with WEP only. That was a feature I would have liked the DSi to solved, but obviously it did not. I never found any information related to any different encryption for the DSi, so that may be still the same Chip/firmware doing the encryption. (Hey, Nintendo, wake up, WEP have been broken almost 10 years ago!)

I would suggest you give a call directly to Nintendo support, they sure know.

Although the new DSi will support WPA, it is only the new games that will allows this. Older DS games still require WEP.

Although the new DSi will support WPA, it is only the new games that will allows this. Older DS games still require WEP.

What a stupid move from Nintendo! Wifi connectivity should be related to the drivers, not the games that pays over it!

I would be like if a PC cannot use IE 6 other than WEP but be able to use WPA with IE7! does not make sense!

Got the DSi and it works great online.Zelda Phanton Hour Glass works good online.

Back