Duke Nukem Forever out 2008, new details (?!)

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
One of the most put back games ever.
Some new news

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=176069
Duke Nukem Forever... Let's see. The last we heard on 3D Realms' eternally-in-development sequel was back in July when a scan of a supposedly in-game screenshot hit the internet.

This followed an image of a pig-thing in May appearing alongside a job ad, 3DR's George Broussard explaining it was a "Real-time in game asset... Taken from a game level with a dark background, on purpose, because we wanted to focus attention on the character."

Anyway, the latest rumours to just surface on DNF are suggesting that the game will hit some time next year and that we'll see new announcements on it from 3D Realms at major game expos in 2008.
Reported on website GameGuru, rumour continues that "an insider" has let slip that 3DR has made "significant progress" with the game on PC and that development has picked up pace in the last 12 months.

"The game's look is supposed to be completely over the edge with tons of stuff returning from the original series (Shrink ray and Nuke button rumored to be confirmed)," the site adds, and, "The gameplay is being pepped up with attitude, killing a mutated pig with a 8 ball stick never felt so good, a console version is also being planned upon simultaneously..."

Hmm, yes, well. We'll file this in our rumour draw for now but whip it back out and shake it in your face if it proves to be on the money.

LOL 2008
Funny last year they said 2007

Sounds good to me.
I don't see it coming to the Wii though, so I may need to pick up another console.

This game is a joke.

How long has it been in development? I'd have canned the project long ago - and started all over again with a development studio that can actually make a game...

I was looking forward to playing this game in 98 - the forever part is just vapor-ware now.

Don't hold your breath.

Back