Dumb question

cheburns

WiiChat Member
Jul 5, 2007
I know this is going to make me seem retarded but rather that poking around on the internet to find out I figured I'd just ask... what region codes go with which regions (pal, ntsc...) and people are saying with the mod chips do or don't accept updates before starting a game that is not from the region which your wii is from and why.

thanks thats pretty much exactly what i was looking for... any more info about dealing with the regions and mod chips?

cheburns said:
thanks thats pretty much exactly what i was looking for... any more info about dealing with the regions and mod chips?

Well you are in the hardware section of the forum so clearly you know where to find threads on mod chipping.

Personally I wouldn't recommend modding at all.

people are saying with the mod chips do or don't accept updates before starting a game that is not from the region which your wii is from and why.
NTSC and PAL are not related to the problem where updates break the console and all regions can be broken by a different regions update. Currently there are four known region of Wii, U E J and A.

Back