DVD movies on wii?

orcite

WiiChat Member
Mar 8, 2007
Why doesent it work? xD

We dont have a stationary dvd player at home so Wii was very ideal for this i thought.

lolz read the box n00b.

Susposedly a DVD playing Wii is on the way and for current Wii owners an adapter is coming out. So there's still hope.

"for current Wii owners an adapter is coming out."

Thanks thats what i needed to know.

Btw,
You can never be stupid to ask a question.
You can only be stupid by the way you answear it.

And anark, im quite awear that Wii doesent play DvD movies. The DvD tech is almost ancient technology now, how hard could a dvd player feature be? <Which brings me back to the question, why doesent it work?

to answer your question... the wii is unable to play dvds because of the way it reads the disk. it reads the diskbackwards so a normal cd/dvd reads inside out i believe, someone correct if me im wrong without calling me a retard :nono: lol

and the wii reads outside to inside?

It reads the wrong way to stop copied discs. And it does this very well so did the gamecube.
A new Wii is coming out with a DVD Player Function and a Variety of colours. An update will be fed to us I THINK because they said it's only Software that makes it play DVD's, NOT hardware. So I dunno but im sure we'll get an update.

So to answer your question. It doesn't because it's not needed [Most people have A. PC B. DVD Player C. PS2]

Yeah i dont think a DVD playing wii was much to ask from the big N, however the japanese wii's are capable of playing DvD's but for some reason i think that Nintendo USA were opposed to the idea thinking that everyone may already have a dvd player anyway.

Actually Nintendo have released a statment saying that they are releasing different coloured Wii's with DVD playback. It will boost the price a little bit and the price boost is why they didn't release it with DVD playback to start with.
However they also said this new version of the Wii will be Japan only for now....
They have no plans to release it to other countries

Source

Back