dvd???

....wiiiiiii.....

WiiChat Member
Sep 20, 2006
Auzzie land (freo)
Wii Online Code
5312-7293-3513-9932
Sorry if this has already been posted but can wii play dvd's????
ime just wondering because when i get the wii i wanna sell my xbox but i think thats the only DVD player we've got..
so yeh...

Im pretty sure that it CAN NOT play DVD movies but the games it uses runs on DVD discs. I think they confirmed that it will not watch DVD movies already. They said that why put a DVD player when most people already have DVD players and it will just increase the cost of te console. I mean come on, those who have DVD players at their houses, do u really ever use your PS2 or XBOX to watch DVD's? I know i dont!

Well no but it would be nice, just in case all your DVD players broke and the Wii as your only option

My Xbox was my first DVD player ever. In fact it was the only one we had in the house for a long time. Prices have dropped with dvd players now though, we have 4 in the house. (One of the 4 is my sisters PS2)

You can get some really good DVD players now for cheap!

m7ticalm said:
Im pretty sure that it CAN NOT play DVD movies but the games it uses runs on DVD discs. I think they confirmed that it will not watch DVD movies already. They said that why put a DVD player when most people already have DVD players and it will just increase the cost of te console. I mean come on, those who have DVD players at their houses, do u really ever use your PS2 or XBOX to watch DVD's? I know i dont!

Ummmm yes. My Xbox is what i use to watch DVD movies...

I really don't care at this point i have like 5 DVD players at my house so i don't really care However, it would raise nintendo rates if they did put one...well around here everyone is like PS2 and XBox has a DVD player in it I don't see your Crappy Gamecube having one!! and well it might be better for nintendo to put one in my opinion...oh and by the way the people that where insulting my nintendo got a peace of my mind! ( In an none vilante way) lol

yeh my xbox is like the only dvd player i have in my house. lol...
but thats not stopping me from getting the wii haha

I wouldn't mind the Wii playing DVDs but even if it did... my much superior (power wise) XBox 360 handles that more than fine not to mention I am getting a Ps3 which has Blu-Ray.

Back