dynasty warriors 6?

Yellow_Wii

wii owner since release
Sep 5, 2006
does anyone think that koei might release a dw 6 game for wii?

i mean obviously it would be impossible to use the wiimote but the vc controller would work a treat

i personally love these games and would really want to see one on there for wii

what do you think

Impossible? NAh...

If Legend of Zelda:TP was easily playable on the Wii with the Wii remote, the Dynasty Warriors franchise of games controlled with the Wii remote wouldn't be taht far fetched.

Now I'm not sure how much of the gameplay and controller mechanics of the game has changed since DW2/3/4 on the PS2, but if the character controls for DW6 are near identical to the old DW games it can be easily adapted to the Wii remote. I can see myself using the Wii remote gestures for the 'Hidden Skills' in LoZ:TP on Dynasty Warrior characters.

KOEI could probably incorporate the nunchuk to control the offhand weapon independent from the mainhand on characters that utilize 2 weapons. That'd be something new that was never in any of the previous Dynasty Warriors games. And also, if they wanted to, they could make the swordplay more freeform and instead of preset gesture attacks like it is in LoZ:TP and Redsteel. Have the main character on screen react in real time to the motions of the Wii remote. When you thrust the Wii remote, the character would thrust as well (could be in 1st person or in 3rd person), and when you time it right, you could actually parry or block a blow with the movement of the nunchuk. Adding special attacks and combos could be difficult, but they can execute those well if they incorporate some gesture recognition. The weapons would still move according to your free form hand movements but trigger the special attack or combo if the game recognized some preset movements or movements close to it. Similar to how in Trauma center, if you motioned a star symbol with the Wii remote, it would activate slow motion mode.

Heh, that's all I can think of at the moment.

I could really dig a Dynasty Warriors game on the Wii, but they'd really need to make full use of the Wii remote to make it new and refreshing to break from old tedious button mashing of their PS2 days. Sure, I had a choice of 12 characters at start and unlock like 20? additional characters with different weapons and attacks but each character lacked individual variety during the long campaigns and using mostly 2 sets of button combos throughout the whole game started to get dull halfway through.

But still, I loved Dynasty Warriors, it was the very first game where I was one guy in an epic war slugging it out against massive hordes of opposing armies.

Oh, I kind of got off track from your question, but, no, I haven't heard any news of KOEI bringing the Dynasty Warrior franchise to the Wii.

GUAN YU MUSOU MODE!! :yikes:

Last edited:
thanks for your reply!

i mean,, in dw3/4/5 to do combos you ad to press square,triangle and then square square, triangle etc etc

i cant really put my mind on how they could do it with the wiimote

It wouldn't be hard to implement Wii remote motion sensing/accelerometer features to trigger attacks.

KOEI could go with the easiest (but not the most intuitive) route by making one motion of the wii remote (like making a slashing side to side gesture) correspond to the Triangle button on the PS2 dualshock controller and another motion (like a vertical chopping gesture) for the Square button. Then you would make a series of chops and slashes with the Wii remote to execute combos. That way, KOEI would be able to keep the gameplay identical to the PS2 version.

According to my DW2 game manual, there were 4 total normal-charge attack combos:
{Tri.} - Wide frontal sweeping attack.
{Sq., Tri.} - Lifts opponent(s) directly in front of player into the air after a normal attack.
{Sq., Sq., Tri.} - Stuns/Paralyzes an opponent temporarily after 2 normal attacks.
{Sq., Sq., Sq., Tri.}. - Fearsome attack (sometimes a 360 spinning attack depending on character used) which causes opponents to fly backwards, turning them into human cannonballs and causing other opponents behind them harm.

They could expand on that and make certain preset Wii remote gestures activate the end of a specific combo instead of having to make a series of motions in order to pull off the last part of the combo.

For example, on Dynasty Warriors 2 on the PS2, when you want to make your opponent airborne (tossing him into the air), you have to hit {Sq.} first to make the initial attack, then {Tri.} to actually execute the maneuver. Well, with the Wii remote, you could bypass the initial attack and just make a quick upward movement with the Wiimote to lift him off his feet. That way, you can choose to lift him off of his feet to begin with, or choose to do so after other combinations of attacks.

To make a straight up stun attack, you would only need to position the Wiimote vertical and make a thrusting punch motion.

To make an opponent fly backwards with excessive force, you could whirl the Wiimote over your head like a lasso to trigger the attack.

For aMusou attack, you could use the nunchuk and make a circular motion for it to execute.

For the bow attacks, hold down C to toggle the bow (similar to Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess), press the B trigger to fire an arrow, press A for a paralyzing arrow, and then finally press both A and B to fire a fast volley of arrows.

Whenever you Lock Blades, KOEI could utilize repeated double punching motions with the Wii remote and nunchuk to break free and push back your opponent.

KOEI could even add many more different variety of attacks than there previously were on past DW games.

There are so many possibilties with the rotational sensors and the accelerometers inside that Wii remote, paired with the nunchuk attachment, which would allow for hundreds of additional different attacks, combos, and defensive maneuvers.

But, like I said above, if possible, I'd prefer KOEI make their Wii incarnation of Dynasty Warriors a much more free form style of sword fighting with the Wii remote+nunchuk over preset gesture attacks. It does away with having to memorize numerous button/gesture sequences in order to pull off powerful attacks and combos. Non-hardcore gamers could get into it almost instantly. Just start start swinging and your character would do exactly same.

And that my friends, is my dream for a great fighting/action game. :idea:

WOW!!! your...a..a....AMAZING!

thats great, i would love to see that !

hey i have an account on koei forums, do you mind if i send your post to koei pleeding for a dw game?

thanks

Yellow_Wii said:
WOW!!! your...a..a....AMAZING!
Lol, that's something I've always wished a woman would say to me in bed...

Joking aside, that's quite a compliment I don't think I deserve. I mean, I can't be the first or only person to have thought of such ideas before, right? If so, then I'd be even more amazed than you are (and should go file some patents).

Sure, you're more than welcome to share my post on the KOEI forums. There most likely won't be a sizeable selection of good and innovative games on the Wii for a large part of this year, so whatever helps get more good games on this platform, I'm up for it.

thats ok! i've forwarded it to KOEI, shall wait for the replys now

Back