E3 2007 - Nintendo Conference Analysis

To people saying and i quote "Not having online is so 2004" Grow the **** up and realise what the **** you are saying retarded child.

Metroid prime is by no means "the same". I am not much into its history but i can easily point out that none of the games play the same as the next, you could compare Mp1 with Mp2 but thats complete bullshit considering the light and darkness and what not. Mp3 is the last prime thus saying "its the same" is also pretty much bullshitting, saying Mp3 can be compared to mp1 or mp2 or both is also a big fat load of crap considering #1 you havent played the game and #2 its for another console with 100% different controls

You fail.

Ontopic: Great article Mate.

Last edited:
14% of yearly revenue comes from Movie based games. That is beyond sad. I'd rather have 100 Mario based games than 3 more Transfromers, or Spider Man games. They need to knock movies based games back into 1% where they belong.

Ashenshugar said:
Metroid prime is by no means "the same". I am not much into its history but i can easily point out that none of the games play the same as the next, you could compare Mp1 with Mp2 but thats complete bullshit considering the light and darkness and what not. Mp3 is the last prime thus saying "its the same" is also pretty much bullshitting, saying Mp3 can be compared to mp1 or mp2 or both is also a big fat load of crap considering #1 you havent played the game and #2 its for another console with 100% different controls

Hmmm, any chance you can say who you are directing this rant at please?

Last edited:
sagema said:
14% of yearly revenue comes from Movie based games. That is beyond sad. I'd rather have 100 Mario based games than 3 more Transfromers, or Spider Man games. They need to knock movies based games back into 1% where they belong.

!!!

Movie based games are the most ridiculous games ever. The only reason most sell is just because of their name.

Well said. I think Nintendo has it's plans worked out.
They know what's going to sell and what's not.
There's not much of a point to flaunt what's already established and good like Prime 3, Mario Kart, SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy.

What I hated about Ninty's Conference was they focused way to much on Wii Fit when all anybody at home wanted to see was Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Wow great article, I think nintendo was smart not showing Galaxy or Kart, or brawl, Now they are going to sell even more, for people who dont know what it is going to be like and buy it... :p I am probably wrong, but I am definitely getting wiifit! :p nice article.

Cheers all.

Rolex said:
Corey - great article, more and more people seem to be reading all of it, mind control certainly works eventually :D

And tomorrow I'll try and do what we always do, Pinky… try and take over the world! [fade to black]

Rolex said:
- and I certainly watched the whole of the keynote presentation and dear me - was it Reggie or the crowd which seemed to be lack lustre? I have never watched a presentation with such little reaction from both presenters and audience...;) **Although have you witnessed the Activision / Jamie Kennedy debacle yet - ooof someone's getting tarred, feathered and sacked!! Employ the woman in the crowd, that's what I say!** :sick:

I missed it all in the melee that was the past few weeks, what happened? I may have to go on a search to see it…

Rolex said:
For once Corey I'm not quite on the same thought train here with you - do you consider that hardcore gamers do now actually understand Wii but are just not satisfied completely with the output for them thus far?

Some do, but many don't. I may not participate in many forums (I'd never get any work done otherwise, I'm a total forum whore), but I do read a lot of them and more than a handful of reactions in some places, as said, were almost word for word copies of last year over the various points of Wii Sports, Play etc. I'm not so much saying everyone who rallied against Fit didn’t get it, but there's so many out there who seem surprised by this strategy. Wii Sports is one of the most successful titles in gaming -especially for a new IP- did people think Wii Health (as it was known before) and Wii Music were just going to be silent 'let's sneak these out' events? Hell no. If Nintendo is hiring Nicole Kidman for Brain Training ads, the company sure as heck is going to make sure everyone knows about its titles that reach the same audience, because that's where the big bucks are. Yet there are some gamers who stubbornly refuse to acknowledge that as well as declaring Nintendo isn’t making hardcore games anymore, which clearly isn’t the case. In fact, Nintendo's big name game output is far more intelligent than it's been for a main format in a long time, given we're usually waiting in large gaps for them - getting Smash, Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid and Kart all within the same 16 months is unheard of.

Would it be nice to know what the dev teams would have been working on if they weren't focusing on casual games? Yeah, totally. Maybe new IPs, or whatever. But the reality is, the market changes. I would have personally loved to have seen another large semi 2D Final Fantasy game to rival FFVI, or a Chrono Trigger title that matches the charm of the original, rather than see Square continue to create soulless 3D iterations that rarely come close to either of those opuses. But I could either sit around and moan about it all day, complaining that things aren't the same (which I would if it wasn't already my job ;) ) or I can play the new games that I DO like and show my appreciation of those examples to give publishers the incentive to make more of those types. I personally think that gaming is getting more circular and biz savvy now, that old genres and game types will re-emerge over time anyway, so nothing is truly lost in one sense.

My statement was more aimed towards that sort of fan (ones who are now saying Wii Fit "probably wont sell" – HA!) more than anything, sorry it wasn’t as clear as I'd liked… that's the power of gin. A bit like Cilit Bang, but with less Barry Scott and more Lindsay Lohan. Or something ;)

After all - if per-chance that any of the core titles revealed are below par then god help Reggie on the streets of **insert country here** :scared:

Reggie fears no man, woman, child or beast. A mere look from his eyes can commit genocide if he so wished. The only person who could go toe-to-tow with Reggie is Chuck Norris, and even then half the world wouldn’t survive the explosion of awesome.

We should pray that day never comes.

cbrotherson said:
I missed it all in the melee that was the past few weeks, what happened? I may have to go on a search to see it…

It was one of those - "I know, we'll seem down with the kids if we hire a 3rd rate celebrity to bring some edge and hipness(?) to the proceedings..."

Sadly not only isn't American "comedian" Jamie Kennedy funny on TV, he's both unfunny and knows nothing about games / gaming culture in real life...unscripted comedy about the "NEVERSOFT" company name can only end in one joke really - and did he make it...wooo, what a git... there was a woman in the audience who shot him down in flames regarding a statement JK made about a guest with "..at least he's [the guest] funny.." and that was the best comment of the presentation!! Car wreck TV!! :nono:

- ** Edited as I wasn't happy with my entire posting ** -

Last edited:
I watched all three press confrences and I thought the crowd was TERRIBLE at all three of them. They didn't laugh at any jokes (I admit some of them were kind of stupid, but they didn't laugh at any good ones!) and hardly responded to anything. I think Nintendo had the worst audience. Microsoft had the best audience, they laughed in the beginning when Microsoft bashed Nintendo and Sony. Plus M$'s audience responded to Assassins Creed. Sony was in between, only because the crowd responded to their Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Trailer.

Join me in the hate Microsoft campaign! All Microsoft does now adays is sit around and bash Nintendo and Sony, ex: The Wii's Graphics are worse than the original Xbox, Sony's Home won't work. When a company does that I lose all respect for them.

Microsoft is also copying other peoples franchises Ex: Scene it is their response to the Buzz Mega Quiz thing Sony has, Viva Pinata is their response to Pokemon.

Revan said:
I watched all three press confrences and I thought the crowd was TERRIBLE at all three of them. They didn't laugh at any jokes (I admit some of them were kind of stupid, but they didn't laugh at any good ones!) and hardly responded to anything. I think Nintendo had the worst audience. Microsoft had the best audience, they laughed in the beginning when Microsoft bashed Nintendo and Sony. Plus M$'s audience responded to Assassins Creed. Sony was in between, only because the crowd responded to their Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Trailer.

Join me in the hate Microsoft campaign! All Microsoft does now adays is sit around and bash Nintendo and Sony, ex: The Wii's Graphics are worse than the original Xbox, Sony's Home won't work. When a company does that I lose all respect for them.

Meh... the 360s great except the hardware failures. The games are awesome!

Back