E3: Gun cradle for controller

wow that add-on just sold the wii for me i was a bit skeptical at the difficulty of aiming with just the controller but now its a definite

I hate the fact it can't be used in Red Steel ;;

No Nunchuck movements ;____;

Yeah i think the wii will beat all the other consoles in gameplay...Look at that the FPS will be AMAZING with that...Can't Wait...

Beerbat said:
Yeah i think the wii will beat all the other consoles in gameplay...Look at that the FPS will be AMAZING with that...Can't Wait...
No, you can't use the Nunchuck movements with it.

I like the idea, but with all the different things coming out don't you think that you'll be wasting money for a controller for one game?

pit18 said:
I like the idea, but with all the different things coming out don't you think that you'll be wasting money for a controller for one game?

Im guessing that other FPS will use this controller as well. Or at least if I was a game developer I would. Think of the possibilities.

Last edited:
Well, just think of it as an accessory to the controller; you use the controller that comes with the Wii and insert it into the 'case'. :cool:

Jester said:
Just saw this pic of the gun mount for the wii remote, it was taken today at E3.

Its great the way the remote connects to all these 3rd party addons, ingenius really.

that wiimote add-on is just a mock-up

it is not yet known whether it will be put into production

but let's keep our fingers crossed

This is not a mock up, it was shown with the other official controllers at E3 and all the rest of the shows Nintendo has brought the Wii to, the question is if it will come out with the console or after launch, hopefully the nunchuk can be attached to this also, so games that use the nunchuk movements can still use the gun attachment.

Just thinking what would be cool since Nintendo says they are still rethinking the Wii-mote is maybe a little taller and a hinge so you can unlock the Wii-mote and turn the Ir sensor down and hold the Wii-mote like gun minus the barrel, then there is no need for the attachment and the nunchuk would still work as normal. kind of like this but better - wii-convertable.JPG

Last edited:
I love the design of the gun and everything, its genius. But theres one question which I'm afraid to ask, whats the difference between using just the Wii-mote to shoot things and using the Zapper attachment to shoot things? For example, will playing Duck Hunt with the Wii-mote be much different from playing Duck Hunt with the Zapper attachment?

WiiGamer24 said:
I love the design of the gun and everything, its genius. But theres one question which I'm afraid to ask, whats the difference between using just the Wii-mote to shoot things and using the Zapper attachment to shoot things? For example, will playing Duck Hunt with the Wii-mote be much different from playing Duck Hunt with the Zapper attachment?
wt will feel different. That's preatty much what the Wii is about.

If u look at the picture on the handleu can see like a analoug stick thing on it this could be how u move and such in games. Just a thourght. Which would be great.

i donno if that will work because how are you goin to pull the trigger on the wii mote in shooters your hand will be too far back ... i look at this attachment and think power glove all over again .. but of course not to the same degree

Back