EA Fight Night

uncleclives

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2007
EA Fight Night coming to the Wii

In a recent interview with EA Sports Fight Night Producer Michael Blank he was asked if they were planning a version for the Wii this was his response.

"We’re talking about it right now. We’re contemplating and we definitely feel there are some exciting things we can do with the Fight Night franchise and the Wii. When you play Wii Boxing it is a very simple experience and I think that is what they designed it to be just to let you know that you can throw punches. With Fight Night we have an amazing simulation of Boxing and so we need to take those Wii controls and tailor it to what the Fight Night consumer might want to experience. We are looking at it right now and I am sure you will see something some time in the future on the Wii. We want people to get a bit of workout. If you like playing sports games and are excited by sports it is a good way to give you the best of both worlds."

Source: http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Gabriel/Montoya_020907.htm

Last edited:
I knew that EA would make a fight night...and I CANT WAIT!!! too bad it seems from the drift of this article that its a long ways away :(

don't worry, there will be like 4 more boxing games coming earlier than this one and from different, more experienced, and more creative companies. there's gonna be one called Boxing Action and it will be awesome

more experienced? I don't know...Fight Night is a pretty awesome series, and I haven't heard of any other big boxing game for any platform for several years. Ever since I played Wii Sports I have been craving a Fight Night for the Wii. That would be incredible.

If they can perfect the use of the wii mote in the game (right now it's probably not as good as it could be in wii sports boxing) I could see it as being their better selling title. It has the potential, at least, if they really put the effort into it.

Last edited:
yeah you'll see, they will even make an option where you can use two wiimotes instead of a wiimote with anunchuck, sounds good huh? and you would move your character with the D-pad and it will be first perspective boxer

Back