EA predicts PlayStation 3 comeback

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Sony might be cutting its own sales targets, but the world's dominant games publisher of the last five or so year - Electronic Arts - has predicted that the PlayStation 3 will outsell the Xbox 360 in the west this year.
According to EA's figures, Sony will sell between 4.5 and 5.5 million PS3s in the U.S. and a whopping 5 to 6 million units in Europe - 9.5 to 11.5 million units in total.

Microsoft, on the other hand, will also sell 4.5 to 5.5 million Xbox 360s in the U.S. according to EA, but only 1.5 to 2.5 million units in Europe - between 6 million and 8 million altogether.

Nintendo, however, will outclass both of its opponents EA claims, shifting an amazing 12-14 million Wiis across the same period.

If EA's figures proved to be correct, the PS3 would still be around 2.5 million units behind the Xbox 360 on a worldwide basis.

i believe ea. link

Ah. Well, I was expecting at least SOME facts and figures to be thrown about before saying "Yeah. Wii will sell this much, 360 that much, and PS3 this much. PS3's catching up."

Kind of a dry prediction. But one I wouldn't mind coming true.

Trulen said:
Ah. Well, I was expecting at least SOME facts and figures to be thrown about before saying "Yeah. Wii will sell this much, 360 that much, and PS3 this much. PS3's catching up."

Kind of a dry prediction. But one I wouldn't mind coming true.

yeah but if u see recent sales of all three consoles, u can definetaly see that the ps3 is catching up to 360. its all because of good games coming like msg,ff13 and lbp.

EA better focus on predicting their own comeback. As it stands they will be #3 in 2008, maybe #4 on the top developers list. Which is very sad for EA since they dominated #1 on that list for 6 years. It also shows how big companies can knock themselves off by making very stupid decisions.

Microsoft has made some stupid decisions that gave power to the PS3. One was allowing their exclusives like Lost Planet to be ported to the PS3. Their price drop didn't factor in the hard drive, which isn't seperate! You need a hard drive for a 360 and it's a ongoing joke to not factor that into the price.

Will Sony make a comeback? It's a matter of who is the dumbest. The dumbest company will lose, and it's really that simple. Don't shoot yourself in the foot. If the Wii sells 50 million units like I predicted it'll be another repeat of the PS2 dominating sales by sheer numbers while the GC and Xbox fight over second place, almost at a tie.

Last edited:
Back