EA Sports Games for the Wii

wiitard101

Wii Owner
Apr 5, 2007
other than Tiger Woods '07 and Madden '07, does anyone know if EA will be making like a basketball, soccer or hockey game for the wii?? and how they'd be played...?? also, with the wii controller, i think it would be a good time for them to introduce NLL (lacrosse) with the wiimote capabilities.. anyone else up for this or no?? lol

At the end of the year is when most the sports games comes out expect the full 2008 sports range to be out in October/ November

ajnokia said:
At the end of the year is when most the sports games comes out expect the full 2008 sports range to be out in October/ November

oh awesome, i've looked at the release dates of some games but i havent heard bout the EA sports games.. how do u think basketball and hockey would be played??? lol it would be cool if soccer had a leg attachment u could strap on and slide the wiimote in lol .. that is.. if you werent a war amp LOL kind of off topic but still by EA.. james bond for the wii should be sweeet :yikes:

basketball: dribble by flicking the remote, pass by holding a and moving wiimote towards player, shoot by holding b and moving wiimote towards basket. move with control stick, speed, strafe with c and z. free throws can be hella realistic (ill probably miss most, lol, should be better at em) by keeping the wiimote level and getting the rhythm of back and forth right.

hockey: move puck with wiimote, pass by holding a and moving wiimote towards player, shoot by holding b and moving wiimote towards goal (also can aim with control stick). move with control stick, speed, strafe with c and z. shootouts/penalty shots can have special moves with the wiimote where you move it back and forth or through the legs.

I've heard rumours that they will be making a EA NHL game later on around September or October but other than that I haven't heard anything.

Syntax said:
I've heard rumours that they will be making a EA NHL game later on around September or October but other than that I haven't heard anything.

Thats true probally. Thats the time period that the game comes out each year so in sept/oct/nov expect

NBA Live 2008
NHL 2008
Fifa 2008

and Non Ea games (these games are confirmed)

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (cant wait)
Pro Evo 6

FWELR said:
basketball: dribble by flicking the remote

don't count on it. do you really think they'll make you dribble all the time? think about how small the court is, and how fast you get up and down the court. now, in order to dribble effectively, you'd have to freaking like vibrate your hand. that'd be just about impossible to do in a game...

callme.nasty said:
don't count on it. do you really think they'll make you dribble all the time? think about how small the court is, and how fast you get up and down the court. now, in order to dribble effectively, you'd have to freaking like vibrate your hand. that'd be just about impossible to do in a game...

true, but i'd like to see something where you can control where you dribble, like through the legs or behind the back to avoid a steal. granted, flicking the remote just to dribble would be tiring, but something like that should be done for special moves.

ajnokia said:
Thats true probally. Thats the time period that the game comes out each year so in sept/oct/nov expect

NBA Live 2008
NHL 2008
Fifa 2008

and Non Ea games (these games are confirmed)

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (cant wait)
Pro Evo 6
When was pro evo 6 confirmed :confused:
Source please !

omg a lacrosse game would be sick for wii. blast lacrosse for ps1 has been holding me off for now :p

yeah, and u could use the wiimote to "cradle" the ball.. i think it'd be a good opportunity to introduce it, but you'd need a decent understanding to play it...

Back