EA, to give at least 20% market share to the Nintendo Wii:

Homicidal_Gamer

Yay I'm dead!
Jul 21, 2006
Over the Stars
Source:CLICK!

“I don’t want to be indiscreet, but the truth is EA is most committed to the platform with the biggest installed base (Sony)…One of the things that we noticed after E3 is we thought, you know, we’re going to support Nintendo, they’ve got an extraordinarily loyal base of consumers all over the world, and we had a number of games we planned to make for Nintendo Wii. That said, we were very surprised by the level of enthusiasm we saw at E3 and subsequently for the Wii.”

“This is not a business plan, but there are a lot of people at EA who are walking around whispering: “40 / 40 / 20 per cent.” The last time out, it was 65-70 per cent PlayStation, and everybody else divided up the 30 per cent that was left. Microsoft obviously took a big piece. Now it looks like 40 / 40 / 20 - Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo - and that is good for us, and it’s good for people who like games.”

“Let me tell you, if they get up to 20 per cent worldwide, that is a momentous event right there. Look, I’m not predicting it’s 40 / 40 / 20, and I hope you understand that is not EA’s business model - I’m just telling you that the buzz going around is that rather than this huge, lopsided victory for one, and then a pretty good number two and a distant third, you can see some parity for the top two. You could even see 30 / 30 / 30, something like that.”

Overall, 20% is good, since Nintendo at the moment stands with a mere 15%, so an extra 5% more is indeed good news! Even better, is that if the Wii turns out to be a hit with great sales for EA's games, they may increase the percentage to 40 percent! Anyways thats all I have to say, bringing you the news ASAP:

-Homicidal_Gamer

Last edited:
From what I've been seeing EA is putting quality titles out for the wii and while ps3 and 360 may have 40% that other 20% might be crappy games so i say let them have it, the madden 07 for Wii outclasses all the others, I mean come on you snap the ball, you throw the ball, you juke and stuff arm, you also jump for the ball, oh and you aren't just pressing buttons your actually doing the motions, now that's fun, what does ps3 have, wow the grass blades are indivually moving, ... how ... ???fun:confused:??? ... and .. totally .. changes gamepaly:scared:? ... no not really:lol: , ps3 = fun killer:mad:

I've only played a few EA games: The SSX Series, the Need For Speed series (until Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition came out) and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (an awesome game by the way). Sports games have always seemed lame to me because you just push buttons and never really interact, although I also don't watch sports at all, so that doesn't help either.

These Wii-versions of games like Madden however, look to be a lot of fun thanks to the Wiimote/Nunchuk, so I may actually try them out.

Good news, Homicidal_Gamer.

ghghgh14702 said:
what does ps3 have, wow the grass blades are indivually moving, ... how ... ???fun:confused:??? ... and .. totally .. changes gamepaly:scared:? ... no not really:lol:

Exactly, ghghgh14702. It's astro-turf they use now, isn't it?

30 / 30 / 30 is most likeley, but I would go as far to predict a 40 / 30 / 20 for the Wii, then XBOX, then PS3.

This is supported by the fact that the PS3 could bomb hard due to the fact that their CPU is having production problems & the sytem will be so insaneley expensive. They are killing their own marketshare right now.

Wii is going to own a huge part of the market because it is A. Great quality B. Inexpensive C. appeals to all sorts of gamers

Back