earning wii points

Yellow_Wii

wii owner since release
Sep 5, 2006
i think in xbox 360 when you beat a game you get points i was thinking why didnt nintendo do that ...... beat zelda get 1000 wii points.....go on shop channel........buy vc game :thumbsup:

good idea ? bad idea ?

Last edited:
Bad idea. For Nintendo, at least. For consumers it sounds great. So, I mean, it is a great idea, but I don't think it would help Nintendo in the long run. Maybe it would, but I can't see it.

Not legal

Those virtual console games cost money to make. And the sega and turbografx ones cost money to buy also. If you could get points from playing games, the virtual console titles would be free. So it will never happen, since it would be illegal

Wii love myamoto said:
Those virtual console games cost money to make. And the sega and turbografx ones cost money to buy also. If you could get points from playing games, the virtual console titles would be free. So it will never happen, since it would be illegal
It wouldn't be illegal, it would mean Nintendo is footing the bill (paying for it), which is why I don't think it would work for Nintendo.

Good point... On the other side, here is something similar :Nintendo said that later on, points you earned on the nintendo website, could be traded in for wii points. And since you get 250 for each nintendo game, 500 or so for a console, and 5 for each day you visit the site, a loyal nintendo fan can score a LOT of wii points.

Depending on where you live, that is. We have no such system. Hell, we don't even have a Nintendo website. All we have is a domain name which mirrors the Aussie Nintendo website...
oh, but I'm not bitter.

Haha, well I'm dutch, and we have a pretty big Nintendo site of our own. Alright, for most of the screenshots and stuff. For the real deal we get redirected to Nintendo.com, but hey, I've got stars! When I fired up the ol' wii wifi system, they asked me if i wanted to link my wii with my club nintendo account. Haven't noticed much difference since that day, I must add :lol:

Yeah, you can't use stars to buy wii points yet. Nintendo have said that you will be able to in future, though.

As for the first post, Gamer Points, which you earn by completing objectives in a game, are separate to the XBLA currency. Really, though, why on earth would nintendo want to pay people to complete games? I suppose maybe if it was something like 15 games = 1 VC purchase.,,

I think I've only completed 3 or 4 games in my life, though.

EDIT: Oh, and by linking your Nintendo VIP account you can view VC purchases on the nintendo website and potentially earn rewards.

Last edited:
It would be cool if when you beat games/get certain things you get points for buying things for your Miis. Such as if you are a pro in Boxing you can get boxing gloves. Nintendo would loose too much money if they gave away VC Games.

Eric said:
It would be cool if when you beat games/get certain things you get points for buying things for your Miis. Such as if you are a pro in Boxing you can get boxing gloves. Nintendo would loose too much money if they gave away VC Games.

I don't think that there will come upgrades foor mii's. They would have to change the whole mii channel, so you should update. And that update probably won't be free either...

Would be cool though.

Or something like a sims channel for your mii's. That's probably coming for virtual console. Not from Nintendo, but from some other publisher. But thats gonna DRAIN your wii points. I don't know if there will be coming a disk version of it... Would be better

Eric said:
That would be cool, but what would happen if you place your Mii onto your Wiimote, then brought it to a friends house w/o that update? I guess it could come up with a message saying, "To be sure you don't lose your accessories, just leave them here for now."
(lol, that sounds like something of Animal Crossing 0.o)
But then what would be the point of the accessories? They'd show up on your console, but you couldn't see them on your friends... Then there'd be NO way of proving you got them to your Online friends...
hmmmmm, complicated...

I'd think nintendo would bring out a general update for that, so you will be able to show them to connected wii's. Only offline wii's would have trouble. Maybe you could even put the patch on your wiimote...

It is complicated, yes....

ROFL, I think there should be SOME way to get free wii points. I've googled it, but with no luck. lol
What I've always thought was if you had the serial number of a game, (On 64 games there's a number on the back, different for every StarFox 64 or whatever.) you could put in that number to get the game. Then you don't have to Re-Purchace the games. Especially when GC games come out on the VC.
But then there's the complications of Rental games. Quite a few people will get cheap games. Then there's also the fact of simply writing down the little number of new games at stores, or your friends games...
This is probably just making things worse and even MORE complicated than it already was...

Back