EB PS3 "deal" -- surely i read this wrong!!!!

Shiftfallout said:
And how do you know STP is from australia?

Fine.. you asked right there how it was related to Australia. Happy?

People these days online are just a tadd too... snappy?

GG. Bye now?

(Flippin hell i came rhyme)

Last edited:
look ing at a couple of your posts recently Shiftfallout , you have become very annoying, you try to start online fights with everyone...

Thats merely an assumption, the guy from cleveland said he saw the same ad as well. So you dont really know, your assuming.

Yellow Wii. Thanks, im glad fanboys find me annoying. I dont start fights with anyone but i will respond when people quote me. If I bother you, then its probably because you are easily bothered. That would be something you need to work on.

=)

Shiftfallout said:
Thats merely an assumption, the guy from cleveland said he saw the same ad as well. So you dont really know, your assuming.

Yellow Wii. Thanks, im glad fanboys find me annoying. I dont start fights with anyone but i will respond when people quote me. If I bother you, then its probably because you are easily bothered. That would be something you need to work on.

=)

Sorry but, your calling other people fanboys? People like you pop up every once and awhile, too bad you dont leave as easily as you come though. Learn to be a bit Neutral with the consoles bub (of course you can dislike one more then another), you might be liked more.

And the Assumption is most likely correct, unless there is another location you can think of where the price is around $999.

Anyways time to go offline. Bye

PtonJalken said:
Sorry but, your calling other people fanboys? People like you pop up every once and awhile, too bad you dont leave as easily as you come though. Learn to be a bit Neutral with the consoles bub (of course you can dislike one more then another), you might be liked more.
I dont care if people like me or not to be honest. As for being neutral, if you DID read my posts around the PS3 section, you would see i am pretty neutral. I dont like or hate any system, though i will be more than happy to point out the pros and cons of each.

And the Assumption is most likely correct, unless there is another location you can think of where the price is around $999.

Thats funny, you seem to assume now that australia is the only place with high prices of the PS3. It truth, theres lots of places all over the globe in which the PS3 is being adverstised for more.

Thats ok, i forgive you for assuming, there tends to be a lot of it going around. Kind of like how you assume im not neutral or rather you call me a fanboy.

ook

1. i'm not a fanboy! nothing near it! i like all 3 consoles

2. you see what i mean, you like to start online fights with everyone

Yellow_Wii said:
ook

1. i'm not a fanboy! nothing near it! i like all 3 consoles

2. you see what i mean, you like to start online fights with everyone

You are saying im starting fights, thats your words not mine. I disagree with youg though. Again, im only responding to those quoting me. Believe what you will.

fine i'll reframe from saying 'starting' fights more of ' disagreeing ' with a lot of people by quoting them....but whatever lets stop this

All of this fanboyism is completely off the topic, get back to it plzkthx.

But no game console should cost anywhere near $1k. You could put a down payment on a car for that! Or save it for groceries.

But for the people who want to buy it...well...start saving for a year at least.

One thing I don't get about the whole price thing is why it's so high in all these small countries, which are poor, but then you come to the US, where we're all supposedly well-off, and then the price is half that of Chile as before mentioned. Call me crazy if you want, but that's just obscene.

thendis said:
I walked past EB Games here in adelaide (south australia) today and I saw a giant banner advertising a special PS3 deal:

"$699 with a trade-in of a PS2 or Xbox console + 20 games"

WHAT?! so if I were to hand over a PS2 or Xbox with TWENTY GAMES, a PS3 will STILL cost me almost $700!!?!?!?!?!?!?

surely. SURELY i mis-read the sign.

Can someone confirm this? how much is a PS3 in australia without trade-in for crying out loud?!

Yes, you read correctly, however, handing in your PS2 console will give you $100 off the price ($899) and the 20 games will give u another $200 off. So basically you are getting $10 for each of those games(ripoff) if they are reasonably new games, eb will give u $45 for them, and if u have 10 or so new ones, u can easily get up to $400 off ($599)($499 with a ps2).

So really a PS3 isn't that expensive, i paid only $379 for mine, i had 19 games to trade in, most were pretty new or best sellers & my PS2. Also traded in my Gamecube(for $30 lol/Nintendo trash, sheesh).

Now all i have to do i waltz into eb on friday, and pick it up. :D

Back