Ebay

Ignoring the whole everyone here does NOT understand what spamming is thing, dogayonv is correct.

When an item is shipped from one country to another, you have to declare its value in some paperwork for the customs department of that nation. Then, a duty is paid on that item.

So, if you order something from the USA and have it shipped to Canada, the shipper will fill out some Customs paperwork, and there will be a duty (tax) paid on that item.

OH i have anoter question

pertend sell my wii how will i ship it and do they give you the box to ship it in
and will i be paying because on ebay when you sell something its shiping price is for like 60$

and will I get tax for this xD

You have to supply yout own box to send it in, cover the money for this box (the packaging as well) and the postage cost, in the postage cost of the item.

You are 'taxed' by ebay a percentage of your starting price, so if you start at .99 the 'tax' will be less than if it starts at $60. but you then lead the risk off it going for a small price...

the best thing to do on ebay is to charge alot for your postage :) and start off at a lower price :)

Gaz said:
the best thing to do on ebay is to charge alot for your postage :) and start off at a lower price :)

And this is why I barely use ebay anymore. I have no problem with people who charge shipping and a little extra for their time. It is the $20 in shipping fees that keep me away from most auctions.

dakuda said:
And this is why I barely use ebay anymore. I have no problem with people who charge shipping and a little extra for their time. It is the $20 in shipping fees that keep me away from most auctions.
Well ebay doesnt charge you for how much you make on your postage, only for how much your product goes for.. and they will take a cut of that. so the more you charge for postage, the less your product will go for, and the less cut they take. so in sense the more you make.

of course there is a limit.. for a DVD you ain't gunna charge $20 for postage, thats just stupid!

zeon9881 said:
so cause i dont know much about ebay that makes me 12 HUH

my god that is a outragous statement

I was moreso talking about the way you talk/spell/word usage.

You are suppose to be 18 to use ebay. So the 12 was just a thrown out number. Any age 10-15 is pretty much the same to me.

Last edited:
Back