EBGames Facts

WizKid

Raving Rabbit
Nov 13, 2006
Opelika, AL
Is EBGames really lying out their butt when they say "we don't have them?" I'm thinking they are, but the local EBGames store says the same thing.

See this thread for why I think so.

Several threads have cropped up saying the same thing, so how do I get my wii before Friday? Is there any particular tactic I have to use to get them to go in the back and bring one unit out???
And for anything I have to say???

I really don't want to really wait until Friday, only for them to be sold out...they're only getting 8. They say 'only for preorders...' What?? This smells like a lie.

Last edited:
Go in with a friend and get him to make a mad dash over the counter and into the storeroom, as he gets man handled out the store make sure he knocks some of the Wii units into view, then you can be like "so, i'll take that one then please"

:D

But yea, chances are they're gonna have some on friday just get there as soon as you can and hope for the best, im pretty sure if they've been instructed to hold off the sales until then there's pretty much not lot you can do - unless you know someone who works at a store.

i0n said:
Go in with a friend and get him to make a mad dash over the counter and into the storeroom, as he gets man handled out the store make sure he knocks some of the Wii units into view, they you can expose them and demand one!

:D

But yea, chances are they're gonna have some on friday just get there as soon as you can and hope for the best, im pretty sure if they've been instructed to hold off the sales until then there's pretty much not lot you can do - unless you know someone who works at a store.

Unfortunally, I don't have one to do so.

As I said, any way do to so without getting arrested???

WizKid said:
Unfortunally, I don't have one to do so.

As I said, any way do to so without getting arrested???

Just keep calling and asking... someone will give in eventually.

MetroidZ said:
dont get caught.[/QUOTE

After all, Nntendo can't prevent them from not selling them. Hello EBGames, it's not launch day... :sick: I am so sick of their lying. :mad:

Please, anyone that has successfully done so, please tell me how you did it. :wink: Especially who to talk to. If anybody could give me the part number that they use for inventory tracking, that would be very helpful. I could then tell them, in a nice way, to 'shove it.'

I would then watch them go in the back, and keep my eyes trained on them until they came out with a Wii.

On this page, it says their getting them in on Friday. When? I could possibly snag one on the way back from Atlanta (I'm going to my grandparents' house for Thanksgiving), and I possibly could snag (erm, buy) one on the way back that night. After a little coaxing, that is. :confused: Worth a try, eh?

Last edited:
Back