ED Hunter

Almo

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
Wii Online Code
8407-4245-3370-0256
Hey just wondering if any of you have played this game? dont you think itd be wikid to have for the Wii/Wiiware!?

I have never heard of this game. But if you think its cool, then it may be worth checking out. Thanks for the info.

I to have no idea what this game is about.

Maybe when you are on next almo we can have a linkage

ED Hunter was a '3D' rail shooter released in 1999 by Iron Maiden.

How To #1 “Croquis”
20 July, 17:43 - thus far 35 insightful comments have been made

Okay…so let me get this out there, I am NOT a natural born illustrator! Now before you go “Aww…Katy, that’s not true! I love your illustrations…” let me explain. This is not a cry for compliments like when a girl says “I’m fat!” and all they really want is for someone to respond with “you’re not fat! You’re totally skinny…like, yeah…” I merely have this belief that I am a great designer, but I am not an artist! I couldn’t paint a pretty picture to save my life and that same goes for fashion sketching. I can’t just sit at the bus stop and whip out a fantastic illustration (like Robert Best can! Damn that boy can sketch!). I’ve put years into figuring out my “style” and developing a book of croquis (correct term for fashion body) to use and trace over. That’s right…I said trace! I’ll slip the croquis under some paper and re-draw and sketch my ideas. If I don’t do this, you’ll get something that looks like this:

Yes, it gets the point across, but it ain’t pretty!

So, my point to this rambling is that when I was in school and desperately trying to figure out how to fashion sketch, I realized that there isn’t much out there for people to read and learn from! There are some fantastic books out there for fashion sketching (see list at end), but they can be pretty expensive, especially for someone who is still trying to figure out if they want to be a designer.

Not that I’m an expert, but I’ve put together a little “how to” to show my process of creating croquis. If people like it, then I might put together some next week on using markers and possibly some sewing techniques… OR if you’ve got questions about how to do something (preferably that relates to fashion design!), then leave a comment and I’ll see if I can help!

Step 1: Finding Bodies/Poses

The first and easiest thing to do is start collecting magazine tears, runway photos, catalogs, ect that have poses you’d like to use. I have a whole folder devoted to this so if I ever get bored and want a new croquis, then I can dig though and find a pose I like. Some of my favorite places to look: Runway shows (www.firstview.com has tons of photos), Lucky magazine, Vogue, and the Delia’s catalog. Preferable you want a picture with tighter clothing so that you can actually see the shape of the body…but once you get better at drawing the shape of legs and arms, then you can start to use these tears just for a reference to the body position.

Step 2: Draw a Basic Croquis

I would suggest starting with a very basic straight croquis. This is the easiest to work out quick sketches on (You can see that Jay uses a basic “standing” croquis in the “where are they now” section on “Road to the Runway”). Once you have that croquis, it’s easier to start sketching complicated poses with that as a basic shape, size, ect.

Step 3: Sketching the Figure

These are the steps I use while sketching a figure, you might find a better way or want to skip a step, but bottom line, it’s all about sketching, sketching and more sketching until you get it right. When I first started, I think it would take me a few hours to get one pose that I really liked, now I can usually finish them in 20-30 minutes. It’s all about learning the shapes and curves of the body.
1.I start by drawing a grid to keep the proportions and size of my drawing consistent. Start by drawing a vertical line, this is your plumb line (or gravity line). If you take a look, you’ll notice that you can draw a vertical line from the chin to at least one heel on almost every pose when they have an unequal balance on both legs. If they are standing balanced (as in my example), the plumb line will fall in between the feet. After this, I’ll draw a series of horizontal lines based on my straight croquis. These are at the top of head, chin, shoulders, bust, waist, hip, rise, knee and ankle.
2.The next step is to rough out the shape. I like to draw circles at all the joints and connect them with a series of lines for the legs and arms. The torso can usually be made of 2 triangle shapes pointing towards each other.
3.After that, I try to “flesh” out the sketch by tracing the pose underneath and start to round out the body. You might need to make your sketch a bit thinner than your photo in order to make it “fashion-y.” You can test it out and decide.
4.Once you have a pretty good body shape, pose and are happy with it, then I like to take one last piece of paper and sketch a cleaner version (since I do a lot of erasing!).

Step 4: Make a Book

Now all you have to do is start sketching all the time and keep a book of all your poses! Then when you need to make some portfolio pages, you can grab the poses you like and put them together and start sketching.
Ironmaidenedhunter.jpg

hell20.jpg

EDIT: LMAO that was sposed to be a copy and paste from wiki though i obviously didnt hit copy so ive pasted whatever it is my partner was looking at last night, though i think ill leave it there for its comedy value :p

YEAH YEAH! Havent gotten a chance tyo play it but heel an iron maiden based game? Im in, I heard aboot it a while ago. Came out in 98', BTW Im a bigger maiden fan than you :prrr:

mr_resi said:
YEAH YEAH! Havent gotten a chance tyo play it but heel an iron maiden based game? Im in, I heard aboot it a while ago. Came out in 98', BTW Im a bigger maiden fan than you :prrr:
lol came out in ''99 dude, and yeah ya probly are, i dont limit myself to one band

Neither do i but im still the bigger fan! Lol my second fav is helloween, then manowar, then slayer,then megadeth, then metallica(pre 'Nothing else matters'), then judas priest, then therion, excetera XD

Eddie is lame - and so are Iron Maiden...

Bruce Dickenson Lets pretend some over the top cool demon monster zombie has something to do with our music and 'occult' rock image!
Steve Harris Yeah! We Rock! *sings* "wooaargh demons And stuff" - Oh look I'm late for my Perm!...

BrandonMcAuslan said:

Bruce Dickenson Lets pretend some over the top cool demon monster zombie has something to do with our music and 'occult' rock image!
Steve Harris Yeah! We Rock! *sings* "wooaargh demons And stuff" - Oh look I'm late for my Perm!...
lmao! well theres some miss information, eddie was thought up BEFORE bruce joined the band.

Mis-information aside I believe the point I was trying to make still stands. In fact the joke would make more sense if you reverse the people talking's names. Harris is the bass player I think...

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Mis-information aside I believe the point I was trying to make still stands. In fact the joke would make more sense if you reverse the people talking's names. Harris is the bass player I think...
yeah well your point aside this wasnt a thread to flame iron maiden so take it elsewhere

BrandonMcAuslan said:
this is opinion

This is flame

Back