Edit Of The Week?

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
Right, I came up with a idea a few days ago and Adam suggested that I tell everyone first and ask their opinions so here I go:

I came up with the idea of a Edit Of The Week, The format is simple, it will work just the same as SOTW but the difference is that you edit a picture that has been choosen. So the winner gets to pick the picture for everyone to edit in anyway. The rules will apply the same as SOTW, with the deadlines and voting threads and such. I have also thought of something else as a add on for the idea, you give a theme for the edit, so you might pick a picture of bart simpson and choose a gothic theme and the contesters will post a gothic edit of the original picture.

So, What are your thoughts on the whole EOTW idea and should we include a theme for each week aswell or should the edit be free?

Thanks

Sounds like an alright idea. I wouldn't enter much though because I wouldn't say I'm all that interested in editing pictures, I would just do it to pass the time when I have nothing to do. Maybe other people will be interested? I don't know. Good job thinking up new stuff though. If it was done, I agree with putting up the picture that everyone has to edit, yet I doubt it will be as popular as SOTW tbh :)

I think this idea sounds awesome, even though my editing skills are shite I think this one will be very good to watch, no doubt there'll be some funny ones =]

What about the themes?

should there be a theme or not?

Can you explain it a little more? I think you mean edit a picture as in if the topic was goth and pokemon, I could find a picture of Pikachu by giving him little horns, vampire teeth, and have him hold a sign saying "Goth". Or say the background that Pikachu was on was...Ash and his friends or something, do you have to edit them as well, or do would you only edit the Pikachu? (by cutting him out of the picture and making a separate canvas for him)

ssbb_lover said:
Can you explain it a little more? I think you mean edit a picture as in if the topic was goth and pokemon, I could find a picture of Pikachu by giving him little horns, vampire teeth, and have him hold a sign saying "Goth". Or say the background that Pikachu was on was...Ash and his friends or something, do you have to edit them as well, or do would you only edit the Pikachu? (by cutting him out of the picture and making a separate canvas for him)

Well, The original post will have a picture, just a picture, a normal picture, then everyone has to edit the original picture, you can do what you want with the picture, as long as its you who has editted this picture.

I was thinking of using a 'theme', So the theme would dictate what you can do to the original picture, normally the picture would be free for you to edit in anyway you can but if there was a theme you would have to use the theme to guide you.

So if i posted a picture of a pikachu, you would edit it in anyway you want.

But, If i posted a pikachu and said there is a theme of Humour, you would have to do a humour edit.'

I might not add the theme since it is confusing some people.

Sounds like a cool idea Foxy. I love using themes in Sigs, so this sounds very interesting. We shall see how it turns out.

Jam explained it much better there, so I get it. I agree with Pras for themes, it'll make it a lot more fun. Maybe every other week we could have a "no-themes week", or maybe once a month. I think we should get all this written in stone before we start the compo. ^_^

I like it. Even though I'm not a sig maker, I really [strike]admire[/strike] appreciate the work being shown in this forum. You guys provide the sigs, I'll provide you with the admiration and votes. :smilewinkgrin:

So, I'l wait till I get a few more positive and big names backing me and i will create the first one.

But first we shall need a logo, maybe the same to sotw but maybe more original?

Tempting

As long as there are no boring paint a smile type pics

Wiired said:
I've changed my mind, I will most likely get involved.
Because what I do, I can add to my Art A-Level next year to fill up my sketchbook.
Schools LOVE using computers with Art.

I knew you couldnt stay away:lol:

Back