Ejecting a disc???

laandback11

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
So I load up wii sports when I first get my wii just to check it out and see what this system is all about. I played for a little bit and wanted to load up Zelda. I went to eject the disc and nothing happened. I pushed it again and again still nothing. I pressed and held for a few seconds, nothing. Turned the power off, turned the machine back on, pressed eject.....nothing. Unplugged the power cord for a few minutes, plugged it back in, pressed eject, again nothing. So I waited out for 8 hours to get this $250 system, purchased four games, and all I can play is wii sports. So am I doing something wrong? Any help would be awesome.

Press the eject button and wait a couple seconds, what you're doing by pressing it and holding it is just making it stay in.

Kamikaze said:
Press the eject button and wait a couple seconds, what you're doing by pressing it and holding it is just making it stay in.

Yeah, Ive done that too. I've turned the power on, waited a few minutes for the system to load up, then pushed the eject button. I waited for a few minutes and nothing happened.

You have no patience young one. lol after first click wait 5-10 seconds

Zori said:
You have no patience young one. lol after first click wait 5-10 seconds

I've waited longer then 5-10 seconds. I've waited 2-3 minutes certain times. Do I have to push eject at a certain time, like at the wii menu, or after a click on the disc channel?? This is horrible, Im itching to play Zelda!

man . it sounds like a defect .. but i am not one to say . just an opinion:eek:

Yeah - could be a defect man... if you can't get it to work then call up Nintendo and see what they have to say.

Yeah, I think it's a defect aswell. Man this sucks. I guess I'll give nintendo a a call in the morning. I was hoping another person would say the samething is happening to them just so that I wouldn't be the only person out of all the people on here that got one. It seems pretty unlucky :frown2:

That really blows. I thought mine had issues for a bit (froze up loading screens), but I guess not. And I waited 13 hours.

You're system is defective. After you hit the eject button, it should take about 2 seconds and it should come out. Yours is broken.

dude, i saw this happen on mine.
It took a couple seconds and felt really wierd that it won't eject at any time when I hit it.

It didn't do what yours did and Never Come out, but it did take a couple secs the first time.

Back