Elebits HANDS-ON...A surprise hit?

I don't think there will be any shortage of people who have this. It all depends on the reviews that it gets, though, for me.

after finally having some time to read the preview on IGN, I think I might actually get the game itself. It rather appeals to me somehow.

"Theres a level editor as well where you can send your maps to other people on wiiconnect 24. I can already imagine the puzzle possibilities with the deep physics system and wiimote control." Woo Level Editor? Links please.

How can 4 players play simultaneously on one controller?

They don't actually play SIMULTANEOUSLY. You take turns, but each player is in the same room and the view switches between each of the players.

one of the things it appears where you "level up" (in one of the videos) it displayed a weight... e.g. 20kg... which I guess is the weight of objects you can move pick up :)

one of the things it appears where you "level up" (in one of the videos) it displayed a weight... e.g. 20kg... which I guess is the weight of objects you can move pick up :)

You dont switch controllers, you can have up to 4 people playing at the same time. What you do switch is control of the movement. Only one person can control the movement. thats done with the nunchuck, and thats what is passed around.

most of the lasting value lies in the level editor. However, there are lots of things to do in the levels that will spawn more elebits and might even unlock additional furniture. Some examples include putting popcorn in the microwave before turning it on...

There are many different types of elebits. Some control the power of your gun and others control the electricity. building more electricity lets you turn electronics on and reveal more elebits. building up the power in your gun lets you throw heavier stuff around.

The final developer diary at IGN has more info on this.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/749/749393p1.html

One odd thing that I saw in there. It says that wiiconnect24 wasnt online yet in the US... Anyone know whats up w/ that statement?

It looks cool, i'll be getting it. It does look strange, but who bought thier Wii to play normal games on? Thats what 360 is for.

Sweet, I enjoyed reading that developers diary, very useful information.

Plus to find out that its been elected to Japans largest Video Game Magazine, is truly indeed an honor. I definitely want this game now. DAMNIT now I gotta change my xmas list again!

This snip sums up the Editing abilities, which is truly cool.

"So I'm sure you are all wondering exactly how Elebits uses Wii Connect 24. One of the modes in the game is called "Edit Mode." In this mode, players can create their own stages by placing different kinds of objects and Elebits throughout the framework of any of the more than 25 stages in the game. You can also make adjustments to the gameplay such as changing the amount of watts needed for completion, how strong the gravity is, or what kind of items the player can use. The development staff here has had a lot of fun changing the gravity in each level, so I'd recommend that you check it out! You will unlock additional items to place around the level as you achieve certain ranks on each stage in story mode. You'll also be able to take and share screenshots from both the story mode and edit mode. It's always good to send screenshots to your friends via Wii Connect 24 to show them your latest Edit Mode creations.

Most of you already know that Elebits features a multiplayer mode in which up to four gamers compete to get the most amount of wattage in any given level. What you didn't know until now is that the full multiplayer mode can be played with stages created in Edit Mode as well! Everyone on the development team is in favor of handing over the tools of game design to the player, so we hope to see everyone's Edit Mode creations soon! "

PS - whoever said you can't play simultaneously was truly ignorant, not that I've never suffered from that, I just avoid talking without knowing.

PIKMIN redone? that game was kinda fun, interactive puzzles are good time killers.

i preordered mine jus nowz, we'll seee. i need something else becides red steel, sports and zelda.

Last edited:
I always thought this game looked good. The only question I had was if it would be too easy to beat story mode. The exchanging of maps seems cool though but I'll probably wait on this game to see what kind of reaction it gets.

WiiLink said:
I always thought this game looked good. The only question I had was if it would be too easy to beat story mode. The exchanging of maps seems cool though but I'll probably wait on this game to see what kind of reaction it gets.

well if it takes game reviewers about 10 hours to complete, than I'd say its fairly easy. However theres more to it such as unlockables that you need to get before using them in map editor and such.

Back