Elebits Wii Friends Thread

PLZ ADD Mii!!

hey guys i got the game, ive created some interesting maps so far PLZ add me so i can send them I'M ITCHING 4 ppl to try them!!!!!!

*ADDED* peripheral, xbandaidx, johnbracero, markausTX, VAGRANT, daklepto, MAXpoiliot, and khool-ade!!

please add me guys!

I'm about to start adding more people...so if you've added me, you'll be added in a minute, and if you haven't added me, then add me or you will die a painful death.

You guys are lucky you got the game already. I can't wait, as I'll have it soon as well.

so there's a multiplayer??? Is it fun? Is it different from the 1 layer game? If its fun I'll rent the game and play it for a week.

JerrodDRagon said:
so there's a multiplayer??? Is it fun? Is it different from the 1 layer game? If its fun I'll rent the game and play it for a week.
multiplayer in house, then you can send your maps to online friends as well.

I just tried Elebits with 4-player multiplayer on level 1 and hated it. It was just chaos. Everyone was trying to open/close the dresser doors and desk drawers at the same time. (edit: Multiplayer is only at your local system. But all players do get to play at the same time.)

However, only 1 of the 4 (me) had actually played the game or even understood the story and point to the game. I tried to briefly explain it before jumping in but...

We also made the mistake of turning our ray guns up to 6 for our first jaunt. Dressers, desks and beds were flying all over the place. The room is fairly small so it was worthless :)

We tried it again with ray power 1, but it didn't really help much. Chaos quickly ensued again with great frustration with opening/closing anything. Nobody wanted to work together since we were all out for ourselves.

I do like the game so far in single player mode. Its a great "tech demo" for the Wii as well. It really gets you using the controls to manipulate a virtual environment.

Very interesting post.

I know Matt from IGN said that the multiplayer can get pretty crazy as well, of course its all experimental for all the game developers right now on the Wii. They'll probably figure out a better way next time. However why would you call it a tech demo?

dqderrick said:
I just tried Elebits with 4-player multiplayer on level 1 and hated it. It was just chaos. Everyone was trying to open/close the dresser doors and desk drawers at the same time. (edit: Multiplayer is only at your local system. But all players do get to play at the same time.)

However, only 1 of the 4 (me) had actually played the game or even understood the story and point to the game. I tried to briefly explain it before jumping in but...

We also made the mistake of turning our ray guns up to 6 for our first jaunt. Dressers, desks and beds were flying all over the place. The room is fairly small so it was worthless :)

We tried it again with ray power 1, but it didn't really help much. Chaos quickly ensued again with great frustration with opening/closing anything. Nobody wanted to work together since we were all out for ourselves.

I do like the game so far in single player mode. Its a great "tech demo" for the Wii as well. It really gets you using the controls to manipulate a virtual environment.

I can understand how it would be chaotic with 4 players...it sometimes gets chaotic with just me. I havent played the multiplayer yet, though, because nobody I know would want to play Elebits...period. If it had online play, and the levels were huge, this game would really blow peoples minds...I believe the fact that a lot of these releases don't have online yet is a huge thing...these games could have so much more lasting value.

xbandaidx said:
However why would you call it a tech demo?

That may be a little harsh. I didn't mean that it was ONLY a tech demo. I just meant that it is a VERY good example of a unique game on the Wii that can only really be done on the Wii. Its a great demo of the technology that is unique to the Wii.

I haven't played enough single player to properly review the game. My post was more of a First Impressions Review. I had fun plaything through the first level a few times to get a hang of the controls. I haven't started the 2nd level yet.

I then visited 3 buddies over the weekend and we played a lot of Wii Sports (mainly bowling and tennis) and a lot of 2-on-2 Madden Mini-Game. (We were blown away by how fun the 2-on-2 mini game was)

To be honest... I was hoping for a more playable multiplayer Elebits. But alas... I guess I'll have to wait for Mario Party to get another truly fun 4-player experience.

Back