Elite Beat Agents Review
Wario Ware: Touched Review
Brain Age Review
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Review
Meteos Review
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Review
SSX Blur Review
Super Paper Mario Review

*NOTE: Be careful with this game, i've had many reports of people breaking their touch screen out of frustration or just hitting to hard. SO BE CAREFUL!

Where to Buy
Anywhere (I bought my copy used at ebgames for $25 and used the 10% card and i only payed 22.50 + tax.)

Agents...are GO!
Don't let the looks fool you, agents dancing to some songs is very challenging.

elite_beat_agents.jpg

When you first open your DS and start playing, It will prompt you to a training session. It will teach you the basics about the game. I'll show you ahead of time ^^.

Controls? Both FUN and CHALLENGING!

*NOTE: You need a stylus, you can't play this game with your fingers >.>.

The picture below shows you a circle with the number "1" on it. It also has another circle closing in. You have to hit the number when the closing circle meets the number (Lost? You'll figure it out).

elite-beat-agents-2.jpg

The one shown in GREEN is a sequence. You have to follow the number order it comes in.

The one shown in BLUE is a ball which moves on the track. You must follow the ball with your stylus across the track. Sometimes it will prompt you with an arrow at the end to come back in.

The YES meter at the top shows you how good you're doing. If the bar goes all the way down, you will lose.

elite-beat-agents-20061101043440202.jpg

You have to spin the spinner below to grab bonus points, it may also raise your YES meter which helps a ton.

spin-marker.jpg

The Music
Music in this game are all licensed. Songs like "Walkie Talkie Man", "Rock This Town", or "Sk8er Boi" can be found here. In total there are 19 songs (3 unlockable ones, to unlock them you must get ranks which you get by accumulating a certain amount of points). Also to get full enjoyment of this game, turn your ds ALL the way on or put on some headphones, cause you're going to need it. (Whoever has read this far, i'd love to rep you, just send me a PM or e-mail me).

The "EBA!" Story
You start off on a world and you must do the missions with the "HELP!" sign above the places. As you play Elite Beat Agents, you'll encounter comic style and quirky cutscenes as you play. One of the missions will have you to save a producers movie called "Romance of the Meowzilla", weird isn't it?. There are a total of 19 different scenarios (1 for each song) and 4 different difficulties. You start of with Crusin' and Breezin' and you must beat the first 2 to unlock the rest. The story doesn't tie in at all, it's like a DDR type of story :).

Graphics? Superb!
The 2D graphics here are very good and the 3D also uses the DS to it's full capacity. Good graphics with great gameplay really helps this game.

Multiplayer

*NOTE: There is NO online wi-fi on this game.

Their are 3 options you may play with another person.

"VS Player",
"VS Ghost", and
"Co-op".

VS Player can either be played single card or multi-card. Whoever does better wins, simple as that.

VS Ghost
lets you replay the level you played with your opponent.

Co-op you will need multi-card or it will not work. The host picks a song and you must work together to clear the stage.

Replayability! Perfect.
You can play this game over and over and over. This game brings excitement and fun to your DS. You may want to beat your own score or just play it for fun. You'll have fun with this game for MANY hours.

Agents are...Osu!(Japanese Version)
Even though EBA is a very very good game. I have to say that Quendan and Quendan 2 are much better. Dancing samurai looking guys cannot get any BETTER! You can import them from Play Asia.

osu-tatakae.jpg

Overall Score:

9.5/10

E-mail: [email protected], if you have any questions or comments =D.

Hope that helped and good day to all of you.

Last edited:
I have to agree.
I've recently been playing this game, and have had alot of fun with it!
Though it's getting a bit dicey for me :sick:
I managed to beat it on "Breezy", now I'm on "Cruisin'." I actually finished a stage with an "X"!

I'd reccomend this game to anyone.

elite beat agents rules!!! one of the best games ever!!! although now that i beat it, the songs are a bit repetitive.(even though theres 19 of them!!!!)

Ditto428 said:
elite beat agents rules!!! one of the best games ever!!! although now that i beat it, the songs are a bit repetitive.(even though theres 19 of them!!!!)

I sometimes stop for a few days and just come back wanting to play more. I've never been drawn away from this game for the 4 months I've had it.

Nice Review, but which Idiot would hit the Screen So hard that it would Break... ?

Souljah said:
Nice Review, but which Idiot would hit the Screen So hard that it would Break... ?

I'd want to, but i fear that I might break it, which would be bad.

'Cause I failed one stage over 15 times, 10 of those times I failed within 20 seconds of starting!

Ditto428 said:
cmon people! how do you break a stylus?!?!?! just dont smash the screen!!!

Easy to understand, harder to do.

Had the game for about a week now and it is awesome. I've been playing on and off and I've managed to get up to Hard Rock with the Elite Beat Divas and haven't been bothered to clock it on that difficulty, I may do that tomorrow.

Music makes me enjoy games, and guess what, this game is a music rhythm game! I was sad to have no ps2 or x360 to play guitar hero (the best game ever made), but EBA seems to do a good job of filling that spot.

I'm not sure how hard it's gonna get on this difficulty, but I've been hoping for lots of double tapping bits from one side to another (so you have to move real fast). I was also hoping for something like DragonForce for a final bonus song which woulda been fun but oh well.

The thing that annoys me in single player is the fact that getting notes correct hardly raises the bar and sometimes it can actually drop faster than what you're getting right, even if you're getting them all in a row.

Overall, awesome game, in my top 3 for DS atm. Agents are GO!

massi4h said:
Had the game for about a week now and it is awesome. I've been playing on and off and I've managed to get up to Hard Rock with the Elite Beat Divas and haven't been bothered to clock it on that difficulty, I may do that tomorrow.

Music makes me enjoy games, and guess what, this game is a music rhythm game! I was sad to have no ps2 or x360 to play guitar hero (the best game ever made), but EBA seems to do a good job of filling that spot.

I'm not sure how hard it's gonna get on this difficulty, but I've been hoping for lots of double tapping bits from one side to another (so you have to move real fast). I was also hoping for something like DragonForce for a final bonus song which woulda been fun but oh well.

The thing that annoys me in single player is the fact that getting notes correct hardly raises the bar and sometimes it can actually drop faster than what you're getting right, even if you're getting them all in a row.

Overall, awesome game, in my top 3 for DS atm. Agents are GO!

Hard Rock is very hard compared to Sweatin', first off it's much more faster and another thing is the circles are smaller.

Yeah I've noticed. I'm currently on Jumpin Jack Flash and for about an hour I've been unable to complete it. In some parts I've lost at 161x note streak with no misses and no 50's. Getting Elite beats seems to help, cause even some times before the first break I can get all the notes and get a circle with a score of like 139000, but get an X with a score of 215000. I'll pass it sooner or later.

Last edited:
Back