Emotion Engine VS. Emulation What's the dif?

GypsyKid

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I don't know much about this issue. What are all the differences between Emotion Engine and software emulation? How much hard drive space does software emulation take? Will emulation really limit the amount pf PS1/2 games that can be played on the system? Also, as I recall didn't the PS3 in NA need a software update to play PS1/2 games earlier this year? If so, then why is the Emotion Engine needed?

With the Emotion Engine almost all games will work, but with the software emulation there will be lots of games that won't work or will have problems. I'm not sure how much HDD space it will take up, I doubt it is too much though. If you want to see how many games will work and stuff look up the compatibility list for PAL PS3s since they have never had the Emotion Engine.

I see.

If Sony phases out PS3's that have the emotion engine in order to cut costs, does that mean the PS3's with the emotion engine will be considered rare and therefore more valuable (in some contexts) than the possible forthcoming PS3 configurations?

If this is going to be the case...it might be best to buy a 60 gb version before this happens.

Back