emulators, should I bother

dreamcastninja

WiiChat Member
May 27, 2007
Virginia Beach, VA
Should I bother to run emulators on my gamecube. at LEAST 60 bucks for the stuff I need to do it and the two GC controllers so that's AROUND 100 bucks to do it right without third party controller nonsense.

I already have TONS of emulators on my PC. Should I just play them off my pc and be happy with that? I could always hook my PC to my main tv in the living room to play them on the tv if I wanted to.

So yes or no? To emulate on the wii, or keep that on the pc?

If it was my choice bud i would play them on my tV, better controls and it feels like ur more in the same with a control in ur hand, I mean dont get me wrong i play on emulators on the pc and enjoy them quite a bit but its the pc keys that can be annoying sometines. deffo worth playing it on ur tv i think

if you already have everything on ur pc and u r willing to hook it up to ur tv to play it...then do it that way...save the time and play ur games with that extra time!

I have a PS2 to PC adapter so I run 2 PS2 pads for the emulators on my computer.\

I really haven't touched any of my emulators lately either. I do looooove metal slug though, I might have to get it for the wii, even though I have them emulated. I think my thing is to have emulators because it's like my childhood and stuff. In reality there's not that many that I even play. Maybe street fighter every now and then , and the occassional mario bros. for about 20 seconds, maybe galaga for one round. Nothing major. I guess I could live without them; but it's nice to have the old standby games right there.

I guess I'm torn between the old and the new. hahahaaa

Last edited:
Yea, i have the adapters for ps2 controllers, i even use the super rare "retrocon" controllers, the led lit ps2 "classic style" pads. :) But like I said I really haven't touched my emulators since I got the wii, it's a nice vacation to go to the classics, but in reality, i don't really play them anymore. Fun to look back on things, but it's time to move on and get with the times. The wii is the most innovative system to date and it has captured me the way that the original NES did. I can live with the wii as is, while my emulators collect virtual dust sitting on my hard drive untouched. hahaa

I can say, I will get metal slug anthology to support the franchise, and because it's my fav 2d game of all time.

Back