England Smoking Ban

Wii_Smurf

No.1 Smurf
Dec 5, 2006
Manchester
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
From today [July 1st] throughout England you will no longer be able to smoke in ANY public place.

So what do you guys think of this ban? I personally like it. I don't smoke so it's all good :)

The smoking ban in England

Like it or not, England is following the rest of the UK with a smoking ban. Smoking will be banned in all public indoor spaces on 1 July, 2007.

The England smoking ban follows similar decisions made in several parts of Europe, the USA and Scotland, Wales and Ireland. If you're a smoker in protest over the English ban, count your lucky stars you don't live in the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan, where the sale and use of tobacco is completely outlawed.

Where will smoking be banned?

Smoking in all indoor public places will be banned. Many places - such as cinemas and public transport - have rarely permitted smoking in recent years, so it will be places like pubs, restaurants, cafes, nightclubs and private members' clubs that feel the biggest impact of the ban.

Where will you be able to smoke?

You'll still be allowed to light up outdoors, in the home or places considered to be 'homes', such as prisons, care homes and hotels.

Smoking could still be banned at certain outdoor locations that are 'substantially enclosed', such as football grounds and railway platforms. No decision has yet been made on smoking inside cars carrying passengers.

What will happen if I'm caught fag-in-hand?

If you're caught smoking in a banned area you could be fined £50.

But who's really going to care if I light up a sneaky one?

Those in charge of the premises would be fools to let you get away with it, especially considering that they could face a £2,500 fine if they fail to stop you. They could also be charged on-the-spot fines of £200 if they fail to display no-smoking signs, with the penalty increasing to £1,000 if the issue goes to court.

Source

Wii_Smurf said:
From today [July 1st] throughout England you will no longer be able to smoke in ANY public place.

So what do you guys think of this ban? I personally like it. I don't smoke so it's all good :)

Source

any enclosed public place.. not just any public place, you can smoke out side..

it's good... but any clubbers out there will know, if theres no smoke, when you come out at the end u stink of sweet... hmmm which would i prefer.

Hmm..
England just copies but meh

AAnd the gverment just wants more money

I will show you how
Goverment gets money from taxing cigarettes and now goverment gets even more money from fining people for having that cigarette

they have that here in ohio but its banned in open aired public places. i hear so many people complaining about it but if they didnt want the ban, all they had to do was vote against it lol.

wii_cammy said:
Hmm..
England just copies but meh

AAnd the gverment just wants more money

I will show you how
Goverment gets money from taxing cigarettes and now goverment gets even more money from fining people for having that cigarette

Bah I don't care it's better that way because I don't have to put up with Smokers.
Plus most of my mates smoke so it's funny :)

true the government is to pot over here not the smokers!!!!!! too many do gooders in this country.... everything has to be so "politically corect" spend more time and more policing sorting the mass mureders and weirdos out and the country would be a far nicer place ... leave us smokers alone!

exactly.... im not agaisnt it but I do think there are more important things to worry about I agree with trying to cut down the risk etc......but I dont think its the core problem..............a smoke free england will probs urge people to quit.. therefore carnt be a bad thing..... but lack of concertration from the government springs to mind!!!

emm-stocks said:
lol ok ive yet to stab someone with a cigerette!!!!!!! or even so shoot them!!!

Oh I really hate you
Do you know how many people die every year of lung cancer because of passive smoking
You are such an evil person

Cammy. I think your being abit harsh on her. I mean I think you have a massive grudge against smokers

Back