England Smoking Ban

Napalmbrain said:
I'm glad they banned it here a few months back. It's nice to be able to go out without having to smell that horrible stench and risk getting cancer. If you want to smoke, fine. Just do it where the rest of us don't have to put up with it.

true.

DON'T EAT POP-TARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smoking ban rules! - what we need now is a San-Francisco style law that says you can't smoke on the spot outside a door.
Its my right "Not" to breathe in second hand smoke therefore smoking should be banned in all public places.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Smoking ban rules! - what we need now is a San-Francisco style law that says you can't smoke on the spot outside a door.
Its my right "Not" to breathe in second hand smoke therefore smoking should be banned in all public places.

Also don't forget:

DON'T EAT POP-TARTS!!!

Never have eaten Pop tarts - and don't think I ever will. They don't look too appetising. :wink:

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Never have eaten Pop tarts - and don't think I ever will. They don't look too appetising. :wink:

They also cause cancer as well as antiperspirant :scared:

CCScandalus said:
no, i'm not a scientist, but i know what i'm talking about. i'm a senior health & p.e. major, so i'm not at all in support of smoking. i've studied smoking and its effects A LOT. so much that i'm sick of hearing about it. and i'll be teaching people about it every year until i'm 50.

despite what you've heard, there is no statistically significant link between exposure to second-hand smoke and cancer in non-smokers. there are statistics that say X number of people have died this year from passive smoke. this number increases every year, yet the number of smokers is actually decreasing. how on earth can one prove that passive smoke from cigarettes kills someone? do you realize how many toxins are in the air that aren't from cigarettes? car exhaust, smog from industries, CFCs... all kinda stuff. how do you prove it was cigarette smoke that caused this death? there are wayyy too many factors involved to link someone's death to second-hand smoke.
and i know what i'm talking about, just because you study this, study that, don't mean your right!

and just because second hand smoke might not cause cancer, doesn't mean it's not unplesent for people that don't smoke.

Cancer is caused by mutation, Things that cause cancer are mutagens, Ciggeretes contain err nicotine which act as mutagen, You release more Smoke as second hand then you actually inhale, Causing Second hand smoke to be more dangerous in causing cancer actually. Tar in ciggerettes give the smoker lung damage. [this is just a theory, not sure if its proved >.>(just thought i'd let you all know before you condemn me lol)]

Lol
You caught me out there
But my friend cant even come up to my house because my mother smokes
Its annoying!!!!

I am seriously very happy about this ban. No more "deaths by passive smoking" from this point onwards. I am not a smoker myself, so I am happy.

Gaz said:
and i know what i'm talking about, just because you study this, study that, don't mean your right!

and just because second hand smoke might not cause cancer, doesn't mean it's not unplesent for people that don't smoke.

no doubt it's unpleasant for non-smokers... but loud and/or annoying people are also unpleasant, but we don't take away their right of being loud and/or annoying. i never said a smoky bar was pleasant.

CCScandalus said:
no doubt it's unpleasant for non-smokers... but loud and/or annoying people are also unpleasant, but we don't take away their right of being loud and/or annoying. i never said a smoky bar was pleasant.

While I sympathise (my liberal tendencies tend to oppose banning things), I have to agree with this ban. The case for disease via passive smoking has not yet been proved or disproved conclusively, so I believe we should play it safe.

Also, I should point out that someone who is too loud and/or annoying can be thrown out of some public places. :D

Back