England

Haz said:
The action renders the discussion pointless.
Thus the reason why there was not official discussion.

You can't have members second guessing mods, and expect them to do things your way. Mods can make up their own minds.

Sorry if that sounded really blunt. It wasn't meant to. I just think it's not really our decision. Heck, i0n made specific people mods for a reason.

Totally, someone has to be in charge. And they have to make a call. It is counter productive in a way to start discussing the mods decisions. But since it was brought up I thought I'd add that I disagree. The chances of re-educating him are most certainly slim. But he's a young lad - theres a chance we could of at least helped him see the other side. In fact I think his posts do show a little bit of reorientation as they went along. Maybe changing his views would be a tough ask on a forum but showing him ours in a strong way might have helped him see arguments that he wasn't all that aware of before.

DazzeL said:
In fact I think his posts do show a little bit of reorientation as they went along.
Are you kidding? He became more adamant that there would be civil wars, and that everyone should vote BNP. Heck, the holocaust denying happened near the end. He wasn't showing reorientation, he was showing reaffirmation.

What's even more scary, is at 15 an English kid hates everyone not English due to brainwashing or whatever you wanna call it, in some countries they also give these kids guns. :yikes:

Radical idealisms are in every country in the world. :scared:

As for the Mod issue, most of my posts were lost due to the deletion of pages, at first I was not happy in the least, but after speaking with Loose Cannon, I understand and agree, someone has got to make a decision, hence why thery're a mod. If we argue against that decision, then we're just gonna go round in a big circle of argument and bad beef.

On a funny note, look at what the thread was actually started for and where it has ended up.

Last edited:
miiguy said:
What's even more scary, is at 15 an English kid hates everyone not English due to brainwashing or whatever you wanna call it, in some countries they also give these kids guns. :yikes:

Radical idealisms are in every country in the world. :scared:
Very true. Although people tend to forget that, what with the "war on terror", especially with the media's involvement.

Haz said:
Speaking from experience as a Moderator and a Forum Administrator (both for Free Web hosting companies, which were more busy than here) the job is not that hard. People here make out that it is some amazing task that requires expertise and to be on some kind of higher plain of existence.

Most forums that wish to stop a topic, lock it and move it to a 'Trash Section' - thus it still can be viewed and not added to. Deleting posts should only be done for Spam and something that is highly offensive.

I guess what is done is done, but it was rude and unprofessional.

I've been contemplating saying this for a while - but I wasn't sure how various mods would take this comment - (I've found an argument with a mod, or agrevating a mod is a sure way to a day or two no-posting ban).

Reasons for Banning should be made public; to ensure that mods aren't getting a little trigger happy and abusing their power.
Also ban reasons should be public in order to be courteous for the rest of us users - without us there is no wiichat...
I don't want to spend my time in a place where the authority figures aren't accountable (to the rest of us) for anything they do...

Imagine giving the police powers to do as they please - no explanation - their own rules - their own sentancing... The Police "enforce" the law. They do not "interpret" law - or pass sentancing. That is the remit of the legal system, and the job of legal proffessionals. The mods here aren't accountable to anyone in this sense. Its their rules - their way. And I guarantee they will tell you that we don't need/deserve an explanation - which is bull.

The Police release information on their conduct/arrests because it is their duty to do so, and because it gains the publics trust... Look at the Chinese and Russian police force. They operate by different rules - as a result the society the people live in is vastly different, without the various freedoms we in the west take for granted.

We deserve to know why people are banned - or posts deleted.
Otherwise wiichat is just a mods playground, where they can do whatever they want, accountable to no-one.

Although this is a bit of a rant I don't believe things are that bad here.. Just the mini-lecture above was the only way I could make my point understood...

:yesnod:

Last edited:
captainff said:
Sad thing is that he isn't the only one here who is like that (or who is pretending to be like that)

look at page 386 of the official pokemon trading thread if you don't know who I'm referring to......

http://www.wiichat.com/pokemon-diam...trading-thread-look-trade-then-post-here.html
Geez, just read it.

The Nazi flag is a symbol of what the Nazi's stand for and what they did. What they did was racist, ergo the flag being a symbol of it is therefore racist too.

Geez. Some people need to learn how to live and let live.
miiguy said:
As for the Mod issue, most of my posts were lost due to the deletion of pages, at first I was not happy in the least, but after speaking with Loose Cannon, I understand and agree, someone has got to make a decision, hence why thery're a mod. If we argue against that decision, then we're just gonna go round in a big circle of argument and bad beef.

On a funny note, look at what the thread was actually started for and where it has ended up.
I agree on both counts.

Last edited:
BrandonMcAuslan said:
Reasons for Banning should be made public; to ensure that mods aren't getting a little trigger happy and abusing their power.
Also ban reasons should be public in order to be courteous for the rest of us users - without us there is no wiichat...
I don't want to spend my time in a place where the authority figures aren't accountable (to the rest of us) for anything they do...

Just a thought - (maybe I need to put this somewhere else)

My friend is a Mod on a forum that professors argue about evoultion (deeeeeeeeeeeeep). But they have a Mod Thread, where, reasons for banning, reasons for deleted posts all go. They also have a "Have your say" Thread where you can say your views on the Mod, with no comeback (obviously not blantent flaming, but constructive criticism).

Again there are two sides to a coin.

miiguy said:
Just a thought - (maybe I need to put this somewhere else)

My friend is a Mod on a forum that professors argue about evoultion (deeeeeeeeeeeeep). But they have a Mod Thread, where, reasons for banning, reasons for deleted posts all go. They also have a "Have your say" Thread where you can say your views on the Mod, with no comeback (obviously not blantent flaming, but constructive criticism).

Again there are two sides to a coin.

This would be a very good thing for wiichat...

@ Squall7. I was implying by banning and deleting all records of the debate, there is no progression.

What if all failed scientific research was scrapped because it was wrong... people would not learn from other people's mistakes.

If posts are deleted, the record is lost..gone for good, thus no one can benefit.

Hence the action of the Mod has rendered everything that was discussed pointless as there is no record of it.

*Sigh* - No doubt you will be stating your views disagreeing with me again.

1 pound is 1.97178 dollars to be exact.

Back