Error 32007

blindkiwi

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2008
Can anyone pleases help me? I have been getting an error code 32007. What in the world is that? I keep getting this error while updating my Wii set.

What can I do?

Answer

The following is copied fron nintendo

Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

Check your router's broadcast settings to find out if it is set to "G", "B", or "Mixed." Mixed typically works best, but try all three to see if it improves the network connection to the Wii console.

Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off. Wireless keyboards and mice may also cause interference.

Switching to channels 1 or 11 only work in the event that it's because channel 6 is crowded.

It's also possible for channels 1 and 11 to be crowded, and for 6 to be not so much.

i ran into this problem at a hotel.

my wii wireless works fine at home.

at the hotel, you have to register/login to get access to the internet. being the clever guy i am, i changed the mac address of my laptop to match my wii, logged in, then changed it back. at that point my wii should have been able to get on the internet, but it couldnt.

then i bought a usb ethernet adapter and shared my wireless internet connection through the wired connection with the wii. that would get past the connection test, but whenever i tried something, like play a game online, i would get the error mentioned. I believe the problem is with outgoing ports being blocked, thi could be a firewall or in my case, the hotel's firewall blocking stuff.

my solution, i setup a proxy (using FreeProxy) on the laptop sharing the internet connection and configured my wii to use that proxy.

sure enough, traffic started flowing

so in summary, your wii might be able to reach the internet, but something might be blocking outgoing connections.

i realize that this is a special case (hotel network, etc...) but it might give you some clues

A number of colleges also use this technique. They capture web requests and route them to an authentication portal before you can do anything.

Hypothetically, it might be possible to make this work by going into the Internet Channel first so that the portal can register the Wii's MAC address. However, since Wiis don't have the Internet Channel by default, and you need to get online to then buy and download it, this doesn't help people. You'd have to have the Internet Channel ahead of time. Nor have I heard of anyone testing this theory to see if it works.

yea, that's actually the first thing i tried. Unfortunately it wouldn't pass the connection test because it couldn't "reach the internet". At that point I reconfigured the connection and tried powering down the wii once i reached the connection test, then powering on and tried the internet channel; again no success.

I figured the registration was MAC related, thats why I went the spoofing route to register the mac. That was successful because I could swap MACs and either have access or be asked to register. At that point the connection test would succeed but it wouldn't connect to WFC. I eventually ended up with what I consider an overly complex solution for what I wanted to accomplish. I did feel good about making it work though :p I love beating hotels when they try to limit the way I use the services I paid for.

Hotel TVs that disable the AUX ports are usually pretty easy to get around but I guess that's for a different thread ;)

I was receiving the same message with a solid home network. I reconfigured the Wii setup from automatic to manual, entered the proper information into the Wii, and bamn - all worked fine.

Back