Error 52030, Can't Connect!

lsarabethl

WiiChat Member
Jul 9, 2007
I've got a linksys WRT54G version 2, brand new Wii. The Wii finds the SSID of my network, it accepts the WEP key no problem, broadcasting in mixed, have tried both channels 1 and 11, MAC filtering off, according to the Wii a good signal (green), but when it comes to the connection test it fails with error 52030, which is not listed in the nintendo database. I have tried assigning a static IP to no avail, I get error 52230. We don't have a cordless phone or any cordless keyboards/mice, although we do live in an apartment complex with no less than 10 other available networks. Wondering if that is causing too much interference?? I've gone through the nintendo help website at great length and have tried all that they have to offer with no progress. Is there a support number for them? Am I forgetting to check any of my settings? I see the the router is supported, as others have posted successful outcomes with this particular router on this forum. What am I missing???

I have the same router. I don't remember if it was Nintendo or Linksys I called, but one of them was very helpful in setting it up.

Yes, thanks for the suggestion though! Changing the MPU hasn't helped either. As a random sidenote, I was able to connect last night using my neighbor's wireless network with no problems at all, how odd! Something's up with my router apparently...

Lol, i get the exact same error code. I got the WGR614.

Is your wii a good length away from your router?

Problem Solved

I can't explain it, but I was messing around with it tonight and I fixed it. I was doing every possible combination of settings I could think of and here's the one that succeeded: broadcast mode B, WEP disabled. With the WEP disabled I was nervous about security so I set a MAC filter that included the Wii and our computers and viola - no more stealing my neighbors connection to get the Wii online and no neighbors accessing my network, and a functional Wii :) Thanks all for the help and ideas. I guess sometimes you just have to try every possible combination...

Because the Wii DOES support encryption. I have multiple WRT54G (because they are great for third party firmware) and my V4 with encryption enabled works with my Wii just fine.

Ill give another analogy - "My headlight burnt out so now I just drive around with the high beams on"

Edit: Have you considered replacing the linksys firmware with one of the third party ones like Thibor?

Last edited:
I'm really glad you got it online. It shows that i still have a glimmer of hope lol.

I know nothing about computers, so i'm having trouble just finding how to mess with the routers settings on the computer... :frown2:

Thanks for the help!

Cipher, it might be more helpful if, in the future, instead of making a sarcastic comment, you gave some constructive comments. I'm also not sure why it was necessary for you to point out that I'd apparently searched the Nintendo error database improperly after I'd already solved my problem. The whole point is moot. I'd like to reference you to your own Forum Rules and Policies (http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-online/announcement-forum-rules-policies-read.html) where the #1 listed rule is "Be welcoming!" I don't feel particularly welcomed at the moment, so I'll just be moving along. Thanks very much to everyone that offered helpful comments!

And yes, I know the Wii supports encryption because my network is currently using WPA.

Back