Error Code 51330 >.>

Hey i recently had the same error code..but the error code only just started happening after i moved my wii into a enclosed place...
Once i had moved it back the error code disapeared.

Hi all, I had the same problem at first. The error code is basically telling you that no connection could be made to your wireless router. It could be for all sorts of reasons such as being out of range, or having the wrong WEP key (or other protocols) security settings. Don't forget to enter your encryption key in the connection settings on the Wii (the screen that lets your enter SSID, click the right arrow a few times to get the right options up)

If you can connect to your router with other devices you can probably forget about updating firmware or reseting the router. The configuration you need to perform will be on the Wii console itself.

I hope that helps someone.:wink:

Good luck!

I am 15, i dont understand any of this :crazy:.
So... could someone kindly explain to me why i get the same error command.
My router: BT1800
Im not out of range because my computer is next to it.
My WEP key is right, use the same on my computer.
I have tried repeatedly to get it to work.
When make a connection, and test it, it works:shocked: but, when i try and click the "Agreement/Contact", i get this error code.
I have no idea how to change the channel to 1 or 11 or whatever that is :lol: or upgrade firmware lol.
So somone please shed light on what is wrong :p
And remember, in 15 lol not so good with computers hehe

Anyone? :scared: :scared: I really want to get started playing online.
I love meeting people =D will prob add anyone who replys to me on this forum XD lol

No one knows how to help me? =(

Last edited:
um im gonna try changing my channel i seem to have the same error and i really do not want to reset or set to defaults for i am not aloud lol so im trying to change the channel might wanna try that phire and one know if anything bad can happen from changing channels? ill get shot if i screw up my internet lol

go into your router through ie is how i do mine by typing in your ip i tihnk lol im not too smart then changing it im not really the person to ask lol but it worked for me :)

What the hell...

At first, I'm told by a friend to update router firmware to stop getting code 51330. Then I read on here to switch it to mixed wireless b/g, and it works fine. Then it stops working. Then it starts working. Then it stops again with a different error code. Another connection test gives 51330 again. So I change channels on the router from 6 to 1 and it works fine.

Now, how long will THIS fix work for? The USB-ethernet adapter is starting to look a hell of a lot better.

My Wii has picked up the internet connection from my router absolutely fine since I got it back in mid-December. Now, tonight, it's decided to start throwing error codes at me. Very strange.

Just started working randomly again. I kept clearing and re-inputting the connection details, with it not working each time. Then finally I did it and it worked. Very strange.

Last edited:
Hotspur Warrior said:
My Wii has picked up the internet connection from my router absolutely fine since I got it back in mid-December. Now, tonight, it's decided to start throwing error codes at me. Very strange.

Just started working randomly again. I kept clearing and re-inputting the connection details, with it not working each time. Then finally I did it and it worked. Very strange.

Funny, my internet also worked randomly and I also tried clearing and re-inputting the connection details, and just after I read your "Then finally I did it and worked. Very strange." I went upstairs, tried it and it worked perfectly, it was fixed :shocked:

No kidding, I'm serious =S

What does the Error Code represent?
Like what is it for? could you be a little more specific please?

blueradio said:
What does the Error Code represent?
Like what is it for? could you be a little more specific please?
I had four different error codes, which according to Nintendo all applied to the Wii not picking up the wireless signal. Which I thought was strange, seeing as when I searched for an access point it brought up my router! But then when I chose it, it wouldn't connect. So it could pick up the signal from my router, but not then use it properly. Strange.

Anyway it is working now, thank god.

Back