error message 32002

mKcallum

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2007
Brisbane, Oz
well its taken me about a year to get the internet working for me and im so close. when it gets to teh updating of my wii stage it stops and says there was an internet error.

ive follwed many guides and the only hting i havent tried is changing my mtu, mainly because i dont know how to check my mtu to see if it needs changing.

im capped atm with my internet, im curious as to whether that plays a role in the updating...

any help will be helpful.

Nintendo suggests that you set the MTU at 1500. Mine is 1492, but you don't need the exact input for the MTU, you just need to at least enter a number close to your MTU to get the best connection.

i found an access point but when its updating it stops and will say there was an error

well is ur Wii under anything that reflects or is very thick because that maybe why u have a problem with it....tell me if it is and move it to an open area with notthing reflecting

well i have done it 5 times each time its stopped and said error im doing it now its been like 20 min and its farther than any other time but still has a ways to goso i hope it will work this time thanks for the help

If it don't work this time it says in the troubleshooting section of ur opperations manuel that u need to put the DNS settings manually...its on page 71

Error Code: 32002

* Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

The Wii console was unable to receive an update from Nintendo, due to a technical issue with our servers. Please try again later.

* Ensure you have entered the correct DNS into the Wii console's manual settings. You can verify this by following these steps:
1. Click the "Start" button in the lower left-hand corner of your computer.
2. Click "Run."
3. Type "cmd" into the box and press Enter.
4. Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press Enter.
5. The Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS, and Secondary DNS information will be displayed. Ensure the information you have entered into the Wii console's Manual Settings appear exactly as displayed.

If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.

Back