Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Error with TOS on the Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by The Albino, Jan 27, 2009.

1. The Albino

The Albino WiiChat Member

Hey all,
    Recently purchased Tales of Symphonia (GC) off Ebay after being blown away by Tales of Vesperia. It's having trouble playing on the Wii, and I don't have a GameCube anymore. The error message:

An error has occurred.
    Turn the power off and refer to the Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet for further instructions.

This happens mainly before and during fights, but has happened after pressing start while the main menu was loading.
    Ejecting and reinserting the disc will cause the game to boot up exactly where I left off, as if nothing happened. I took a good close look at it, and the disc is in near perfect shape, so I don't think that's the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit - Another error message, but basically the same as the first.

The Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Nintendo Gamecube intruction Booklet for more information.

*sigh*

#1 The Albino, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. FloYdian

FloYdian ....

i had a similar problem but not mid game. only when i inserted it. i had to turn the wii horizontal on the floor. it has a hard time reading the disc when its vertical. solved My problem.