Errors when reading disc..

Anatz

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
I got like 10 errors today when i tried to play my wii sports...did anyone else get an error saying how there is an error trying to read the disc

might sounds stupid but make sure you are putting it in the right way, happens to me sometimes, and my mom is still confused as to what way to put the disc (because our wii is in the stand thing)

Last edited:
Anatz: No, I haven't, and I haven't heard much about those errors - either your disc is messed up (do you have any other games to try out?), or your wii is not working properly. Could also try to stand your Wii horizontally if it isn't in that position yet.

komio: amusing typo considering the context ;)

komio said:
might sounds stupid but make sure you are putting it in the right way, happens to me sometimes, and my mom is still confused ast o what way to put the dick (because our wii is in the stand thing)
way to put the dick in... i hope you mean disc.:blush2:

i get this problem alot to. i dont know what it is but it almost seems like every other time i change discs i have to pull it out and give it a little wipe. kinda gets a bit frustrating.

Khool-Ade said:
i get this problem alot to. i dont know what it is but it almost seems like every other time i change discs i have to pull it out and give it a little wipe. kinda gets a bit frustrating.

Kinda brings you back to the good ol' days of blowing on cartridges... (for anyone who's old enough to remember) :thumbsup:

that was a pain in the ass..... blowin every cartridge hehe grrrr :mad5:

VashPR said:
that was a pain in the ass..... blowin every cartridge hehe grrrr :mad5:
yeah but u guys remember if u bump the cartridge on the right corner at exactly the right time it would work. Hey I'm gettin a disc read error on red steel during gameplay, no scratches or fingerprintsm should I swap it out @ walmart (same title of course)? Or is it something more sinister? LOZ & wii sports haven't done it yet

Last edited:
Definitely happens with Wii Sports all the time, but not with the other games.

never had the issue i guess when they had to mass produce the Wii sports to bundle it with the Wii release they probably messed up a fair number might call Nintendo for a replacement....

dalinkwent817 said:
Kinda brings you back to the good ol' days of blowing on cartridges... (for anyone who's old enough to remember) :thumbsup:

picks up LoZ:OoT and blows into it for nostalgia :)

No problems with wii sports alall here, i guess the mass production thing is quite right, but you got a good deal on it and im guessing they will replace it if you ask nicely :smilewinkgrin:

yep it is under warranty they will replace it i have no problems with mine either but from this post here and few on other forums seems to be isolated to this game...

I just got my Wii for Christmas and Wii Sports has trouble reading. It takes a few tries before it will find it in the console but after it does find it it works fine. Tested TP and NFS and they work just fine. Can you just send Wii Sports back to Nintendo or are they going to want the whole console?

Back