Error's when setting up WiFi.

DragonM3D

Wiimate
Jun 18, 2006
Houston, Tx
Wii Online Code
0061-5695-7775-8491
I, along with numberous others, are getting Error Code: 51330 or 51331 when trying to test a new wireless connection. I can connect to another wireless router in the area thats not secured, but not mine! Anyone able to figure this out?

Nope, not on this end either. Buggin' the heck out of me so far...

Alrighty, all I did was reset the router, and now it's connected and updating. (of course, this is after previously setting up the router to allow the Wii's MAC addy and configure the security for both.) All systems go, best of luck everyone!

Last edited:
I got this router specifically for this. I dont see why it shouldnt be compatable.

But I can get online with other peoples routers, so it cant be the Wii. Im thinking it may be one of the router settings. Frustrating

I was getting error code 51330 and what worked for me was to set my Wii to use a static IP address instead of DHCP. I just used an IP that wasn't being used on my network, added the subnet mask and gateway and DNS's and tested the connection and it worked and is now updating, however the update is crawling so slowly and at this rate it looks like it's going to finish sometime this century ;) I have a feeling it's because soooo many people just got thier wii today and are all hammering nintendo's update server at the same time causing it to bog down. It probably won't be this slow after a few days/weeks.

well mine finally worked and it was 3/4 of the way done with the update and then it gave me the stupid message saying i cant update due to internet connection problems again! it doesnt even save your progress on the download, you have to start over again!

bluraven said:
I was getting error code 51330 and what worked for me was to set my Wii to use a static IP address instead of DHCP. I just used an IP that wasn't being used on my network, added the subnet mask and gateway and DNS's and tested the connection and it worked

Hello everyone this is my first post so greetings.

I am not that very techy so bluraven or anyone else, if you could elaborate more please.
FYI, I got the same error, tried manually but then got error 52130. I can't look up this code on the nintendo website so I don't know what it means (same goes for the 51330 error).

I use Linksys.
I think I found an unuse IP address but it was under the heading local network, not router.

I found 2 different subnet mask (again one under the local network header the other under router)

is default router the same as default gateway?

is Primary and Secondary DNS the same as DNS 1 and 2?

thank you everyone

Finally fixed my problem :D was going to post but I was busy finding the problem :D

I got the same error and all i had to do was allow my router to accept the Wii's mac address (via the system information). Type it in the filter thingy or allow it and w00t! Tried the connection on the Wii, then Boom! Wii shoppping channel! Have you tried the Mac address thingy?

ive got error 51330 also. ive tryed EVERYTHING. i changed the WEP, tryed diffrent securaty, put the MAC address in the trusted list, turned MAC filtering off, manuel connect, turbo mode (not sure what it does but it has the word turbo lol) turning the securaty compleatly off and nothing. it wont work at all. it finds the router and accepts the WEP key when i type it in but it wont connect to the net. so frusterating!

COLDshiver said:
Finally fixed my problem :D was going to post but I was busy finding the problem :D

I got the same error and all i had to do was allow my router to accept the Wii's mac address (via the system information). Type it in the filter thingy or allow it and w00t! Tried the connection on the Wii, then Boom! Wii shoppping channel! Have you tried the Mac address thingy?

can you go more into detail on how to do this?

IM FINALY CONNECTED!!! i had to reset my modem to factory settings and then i kept messing with the settings untill i finaly got it to work! w00t! my router kinda sucks and the signal is kinda weak even though it is only like 20 feet away with 2 walls between the router and the wii lol.

Back