ESRB Gives Manhunt 2 "Adult Only" rating in USA

NjD00

I have to Wii
Dec 15, 2006
Medical School
Wii Online Code
6135-1993-3203-6288
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6172743.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

This is very bad news. Now, the only options are:

1) Rockstar challenges the rating, hoping for an upgrade to Mature
2) Rockstar lessens the blood and gore in the game in order to get a Mature rating
3) Game is released as is, and is severly limited to which stores it appears in

All three options are terrible, with #3 being the best for us (anyone can get an "AO" game online if they try hard enough). Looks like anyone under 18 is gonna have to rethink getting this game.

I'm not entirely sure about stores like Best Buy and EB, but you can guarantee you won't see them in Wal-Mart, Target, or the likes

Hehe, I'm with ya battles. It's sweet that we'll get an AO game, but I don't want it to be too hard to find.

Yep, we knew it was banned in the UK, but also knew that it wouldn't be here. The UK has enough youth problems as it is w/o a game like this. Just posting the news so Americans can know.

Maybe I should start taking orders from the UK to ship games?? hehee

About time something was done about the stupid parents who buy games for their impressionable snot-nosed kids. Now they gotta go to lengths to get a game like this. Now hopefully the impressionable ones won't hear about the game so they won't whine to their parents to find out a way.

'Cause everybody and their dog has either an 18 year old friend or a stupid parent who'll buy something if you supply the money.

But I wouldn't worry about it.
Worse case scenario, you gotta cough up extra money to get it from a site.

If Rockstar changes the game to fit Mature, then they will definitely lose their bada$s look, in my eyes.

They better release it as is, Adult Only. I'll buy it.

Edit- worst case scenario = they remove a ton of cool and original content to get the mature rating, and the changes delay the release for months

All I have to say is, next time someone says "Wii doesn't have any mature games" I'm going to beat them with a sack full of copies of Manhunt 2.

Wii gets a game that's so violent and sick it gets an AO rating and is banned in the UK.
No more complaining about Wii being a kiddie console.

i bought resident evil 4 today and they needed to see my ID i was like WTF!! lol no big deal if this is AO im glad it is... if parents are worried about what their kids are playing then they need to learn how to use the Wiis parental controls.

Back