ESRB Gives Manhunt 2 "Adult Only" rating in USA

Rob Rymond said:
WHat is the official stance regarding AO games in America? Are they sold in only indie stores or just online?
ive never seen them in stores, so this cant be good for manhunt...

JeremyGTS said:
i bought resident evil 4 today and they needed to see my ID i was like WTF!! lol no big deal if this is AO im glad it is... if parents are worried about what their kids are playing then they need to learn how to use the Wiis parental controls.
thats no big deal, it was just to see if you were 17 or older

for those of you accross the pond... in ireland they have just banned the game. check it out on MSN.com news.

TiwazTyrsfist said:
All I have to say is, next time someone says "Wii doesn't have any mature games" I'm going to beat them with a sack full of copies of Manhunt 2.

Wii gets a game that's so violent and sick it gets an AO rating and is banned in the UK.
No more complaining about Wii being a kiddie console.

Lol, nothing will ever stop the sony/micosroft fanboys, no matter how many of our games are banned...

NjD00 said:
If Rockstar changes the game to fit Mature, then they will definitely lose their bada$s look, in my eyes.

They better release it as is, Adult Only. I'll buy it.
You do know that very few stores (If any) sell games with an AO rating? There are only something like 23 other AO rated games, most of with are games about pr0n.

I pre ordered Manhunt 2 yesterday. They carded me like I was buying beer (23 btw)

I bet they make it M so they can sell it to the mass. I wish they would make AO games and sell it like beer 21 means 21.

Last edited:
Ughhh......bad....the delay probably means they are going to challenge the AO or most likely reduce the gore to make it Mature, which could take months for release.

I read somewhere that consoles don't allow third party developers to release AO games

Nintendo and Sony are not allowing AO games on their consoles, so Rockstar are re-modifying.

Back