Estimated gamestop trade-in value

lazyperson555

WiiChat Member
Dec 20, 2006
Alright guys, I'm planning on selling alot of my old games that I don't use any more to gamestop to make money for games for my 360 that I'm getting soon, and I came up with an estimated total of around what I think I can get for it. I would like other peoples opinions to know if you think my estimate is about right or not. I know gamestop doesn't really give much for them, but I'm selling a lot of ****. Here's what all I'm selling and how much I think I can get for them.

Games
It might look like i might be expecting a bit much for these, but they were all pretty big games and I'm sure there's still people out there who want them. This is also based off of a little research I did today.

Super Smash Bros Brawl - Wii - $15
The Conduit - Wii - $15
Animal Crossing City Folk - Wii - $10
Super Mario Galaxy - Wii - $10
Guitar Hero World Tour - Wii - $5
Guiatr Hero World Tour Legends of Rock - Wii - $5
Metroid Prime Hunters - Ds - $2

Total for games - $62

Consoles:

2 Ps2's - hoping for $80 for the both
Nintendo Ds (original) - $30

Console total - $120

Accessories:

2 ps2 controllers - $8
2 guitar hero guitars - Wii - $15
Ps2 memory Card - $1

Accessories total $24

Total - $206

And, right now game stop has a special offer going. "Trade in any 2, 4 or 6 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games, and get an extra 10%, 20% or 40% trade-in credit respectively."
I am selling 6 wii games, so thats an extra 40%

Grand Total - $288.40

So, do you guys think I have a good estimate of how much I'd be able to get for all this? All of this stuff is in pretty good condition, nothing is broken

tl'dr

but i do know that the gamestop doesn't let you choose the prices for your trade ins. When i went they gave me a set price.

Sell them in a private add (us in the UK have a small time one called GumTree) then you can get a bit more for them

also when you turn in a system you must include a controller with it. so although you'll be turning in 2 PS2s and 2 controllers, it'll only count as 2 PS2s.

drop AC:CF, SMG, SSBB, and Conduit about 2-3$ and i'd say that would be pretty close to what you should be getting.

oh and by turning in all those Wii games, that 40% off goes towards another Wii game. yeah, sadly that's how that deal works. i recently turned in 2 Wii games and 2 PS3 games and got 20% off 1 Wii game and 1 PS3 game rather than 40% off 1 game. it sucks but that's how it works.

Back