EU or JAP Wii. What should i do?

Isilwen Nightfall

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2006
Hi guys,

i'm from Italy and this is my first post here on Wiichat.

I'll go straight to the point: 2 days ago i bought my good Wii with my good copy of TP.
Now, looking at various release dates, i realize that we Europeans really are doomed to play trash games or, if we are lucky, play few good games but with MONTHS of delay.

Ok, nothing new, maybe i was a fool hoping something different with the Wii..

My question is: based on what you all know, should i sell my EU Wii and try to get my hands on a Japanese one, or should i wait for a freeloader of some sort?

I just can't stand the fact that US and Japan are getting Pangya! this month and we idiots are getting...nothing.
The same goes with Fire Emblem, Bleach and other titles.

Do you think a good freeloader/chip will be available soon?

Personally, unless you're fluent in Japanese, I'd stick with an EU wii - can you imagine trying to play Zelda, for example, in Japanese? :)

The only Japanese import I've ever got along with is Capcom vs Marvel II, and even then I felt like I was missing out on certain aspects of the game due to the language barrier.

Having said that, Datel are only "working" on a freeloader for Wii, so there's no guarantee they can do it, and even if they do, there's a very strong chance that Nintendo will just send an update down the lines that will prevent it from working.

I think for the first time ever, we really are doomed to stick to our original regions :(

Well, i'm not fluent right now but i'm learning Japanese at University so i hope i will, one day. Anyway, games like Pangya or Bleach do not require much language skills...

Maybe i'll try to buy a second Wii anc keep both. But i still have to find a site that exports it from Japan, apart from play-asia.com that has an absurd price -_-

Back