Euro Wii

sunbear

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
Hi, this is my first post on the forum.

I am thinking of importing a Wii from Denmark in to the UK (cheaper than ebay!).

Now, first of all, will the power supply be OK to use. I think I will need one of those 2 pins into 3 adapters that you get with an electric shaver ? Correct ?

Also, will the "operating system" be in Danish ? If so, is it possible to change it all into English ?

And last of all......will all the online functionality be OK to use seems as the machine is from Denmark ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

David.

sunbear said:
Hi, this is my first post on the forum.

I am thinking of importing a Wii from Denmark in to the UK (cheaper than ebay!).

Now, first of all, will the power supply be OK to use. I think I will need one of those 2 pins into 3 adapters that you get with an electric shaver ? Correct ?

Also, will the "operating system" be in Danish ? If so, is it possible to change it all into English ?

And last of all......will all the online functionality be OK to use seems as the machine is from Denmark ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

David.

I don´t think you will have problem as long as the Voltage is 230 in th UK. I remeber years ago it was at 110 Volt, right. If it is at 230, just buy in a local electronic store a transformer which has at one side the three "english" plugs and on the other side the two "european" plugs. I have them as I travel sometimes and it is handy. You can find them also in the department where they sell stuff for traveling.
No the Wii can be set in most languages, also English. I have a Spanish one (as I live in SPain), but put it in English. So all the menus are Ingles.
And then, the voices of the games depends where you buy it. Because I am going to buy COD3, and it seemed to be dubbed in Spanish.
The online funcionality is the same anywhere.....

So you will be alright

Have fun!

HI, thanks you for the response.

Can anyone else confirm that the UK is 230v ?

Thanks !

Now go and buy the Wii. And just plug it in and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, Be aware that if you don´t practise a lot of sports you might stretch a muscle or so, just like I did :wink:

Back