European VC issues, are they fixed yet?

Grife

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2007
Question is in the title. When I had a Wii for about 2 months from EU launch 2006 till March 2007 no NES game worked with component cable plugged and most games had framerate and/or display problems (black border area) even with composite. So are the problems fixed yet? If Wii comes in black and DVD playback next year I'm going to rebuy the system. But Nintendo also should make their emulators better than the free ones I'm running in Linux...

In short

In long
No they havent fixed the border problem. There trying to keep the VC games runing as they did in this country.
Also the DVD play back thing is not needed as nearly every body has a dvd player now

I'm running in Linux...

Darkprinny said:
In long
No they havent fixed the border problem. There trying to keep the VC games runing as they did in this country.
Also the DVD play back thing is not needed as nearly every body has a dvd player now
1) Ok, so Nintendo doesn't care
2) I don't have a DVD player and won't buy one either, I hate clutter. I had one in PS3.
3) Yes, snes9x & Nestopia work better than Nintendos own software. Ironically that also meant that PS3 ran Nintendos games better in its limited Linux than Wii does.

Yeah but "that roms legality smeg"
How can a DVD player be clutter ?
Ive seen very small ones for about £20

Stop being an asshole. How old are you? 14? Never actually played the games on the original systems to know the difference then. At least not the NES games. If you had played, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about and be pissed about it as well.
As long as VC games run worse than free emulator versions I'm not handing Nintendo a single €-cent. Practically I'm replaying the old classics for nostalgia I used to play as a kid, and back then someone paid for those big time.

EDIT: oh what clutter?! I have one component-cable slot on TV. that's your answer.

I have played them on there original systems and thats what there like (mostly) the Snes was the worst for this

Why are you arsed about playing (and paying for) these games on a console if you emu them ?

Damn this guys dumb

No, they weren't like what they are on VC. That's why I'm not handing Nintendo money. Only games worth paying for in VC are the N64 ones right now, others don't run decently and/or are sub-value.

Damn this guys dumb
*checks your post count* Get some friends and a life.

*Checks join date and valued member satus*

So for trying to help you out you hate me ?

You need a reality check

"Help"? You are nothing but annoying brat. I'm done with you.

get a better tv. i've played on an LG plasma and a westinghouse lcd. both had lag/framerate problems. the tv's werent able to process the analog video fast enough. played on my friends Sony rear projection and it ran flawlessly. CRT's still rock!

people are trying to help by getting more information from you and you get an attitude..

i wish people weren't so stupid, full of themselves, think they know everything, and are ungrateful (there's a long list here, i stoped to keep myself out of trouble, well as much as this post will get me)

Back