Even More Mario Kart Wii Info

I can't wait! Mario Kart is my favorite game ever.
I actually just played Mario Kart Double Dash for the first time last night and it's so fun, so I can't imagine how great the Wii version will be :D

Mario Kart will be good. I'm looking forward to where they go with the online capabilities. I mean, how will they rank people which is necessary. because I'm not going to want to race someone that's an expert but at the same time, not someone new. Hopefully they set the whole thing up well. Wouldn't it be funny to have a like a Mario Kart Clan lol!

MY god this is going to be wicked. Im my opinion the gc version was better than the ds just because you could sit down and play with friends. This will be even better.

Skorp said:
I have no gripes with counter-clockwise but in the mariokart world it is powersliding not drifting. They are different, powersliding allows the possibility of a boost at the end, drifting is simply drifting.

Then call it blastdrifting or boostdrifting. Powersliding sounds retarded.

Also counter means reverse or the wrong way, to send something in reverse is "to counter" any thing going in the reverse direction of a hand on a clock(normally going round in a right cicular direction(left from a FP perspective, but clocks don't have one) is called COUNTERclockwise in the Americcas. Anti on the other hand is a broad suffix meaning opposite. I say a reverse direction is more literally correct than an anti or an opposite direction since reverse usually refers to direction in the first point. Opposite is too broad to be the literally correct term.

Also counter-clockwise, counter is not a common word, but an awesome one. anti and opposite on the other hand are overused word\suffix both with a very unexciting sound to them. Thats why I like and prefer the term counter-clockwise.

I know my argument is very scattered but bottom line: counter is better than anti in a literal sense.

Also its all just my opinion.

Last edited:
I hate bumping old threads but famitsu says that 16 not 12 players are able to race each other. It also confirms that there WILL be several mariokart DS courses.

Back