Every game is a port!

Zori

Wii Owner Since Launch
Oct 31, 2006
It seems every upcoming game I read about is also on another weaker system with just some Wii controls tacked on. Third Party developers are hardly creating any Wii-Specific games.
Heatseeker, seems like an awesome game, but it's also on PS2. Just dubbed in Wii controls.
MK:Armageddon, old game being brought to Wii.
MySims, Also coming out ON DS!
MoH: Vanguard, also coming out on PS2.
Prince of Persia:Rival Swords, also on PS2, gamecube, and xbox, according to IGN.

What really ticks me off is graphically the Wii is more capable than this, but it seems third-partys can't make a graphically good game that is fun at the same time.

Thoughts?

Agreed. But at least MySims is a Nintendo-specific game. Doesn't really seem to need to be graphically intensive to be a good game. All i have to say is that Nintendo needs to hit Home Runs with the graphics on the first party games to raise the bar for the crappy ports.

Nintendo hardly needs most of thethird parties. THQ for example. Nintendo can make their own games, unlike the notoriously misleaded halo creators. Microsoft, and the butt-load filled library of sony's third party, that can almost match with nintendo's.

The only way to stop the ports is to stop buying the games that are ported. If sales figures are only good on non ported games they will diffenetly get the hint. It's just too easy money to port a game that everyone will buy.
The only ported game I plan on getting is Zelda TP.

Well Zelda is definitely a great game Wii or GC, and it's a Nintendo Made game. I don't think many third party ports will receive even 8.5s.

There are many ports but MySims is NOT one of them.
The DS version and the Wii version are completely different.

well actually to be correct TP was announced for Wii, before it came out on GC. If I am not mistaken TP for Wii was supposed to be available at launch!

Back