Everybody Votes Channel

Axtlar said:
What do you mean specially free ones? all will be free, unless you never download them then they will have a price after some time
WHy do you say they will all be free? THe browser is going to cost money eventually, and probally so will other Wii Ware.

theONE said:
WHy do you say they will all be free? THe browser is going to cost money eventually, and probally so will other Wii Ware.
that's what I said: if you don't download them in time then they will cost but if you do then they will be free

Sovieto said:
what is this channel exactly!?

fistpittingnork said:
It's a world-wide polling channel, they ask you "Whats a more romantic Vday gift? Chocolate or Roses" and you vote on one and then you have the option of voting on which one you predict will get the most votes..

The 4 questions right now are lame, just curious if it gets any better than this.

It's pretty much just that.. Right now there are 4 questions, all lame. Hopefully it'll take off, it could've been a subtle excuse to push down a mod-chip block via update or they could actually plan on doing something constructive with it. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

maybe eventually they'll get to questions like who would you rather have in super smash bros, sonic or knuckles or stuff like that. it has potential

If all else fails, it could just be a fun time-wasting channel, an easy way to kill off 20 minutes when you're laying in bed and not tired enough to sleep.

I was hoping there'd actually be Wii-related questions, like asking us what we'd like to see in the future, etc.

Whatever, I don't care. Like I said before, I'll take anything that's free. :p

Yeah. It was said that Wiininja mod chips got fried with this update. But so far its just rumors until Nintendo announces that they did do that.

wait... is the internet channel a one time fee of $20? And how much will the channels be if they cost money?

Wiinoob said:
wait... is the internet channel a one time fee of $20? And how much will the channels be if they cost money?
NO, you really are a wiinoob...j/k:D The internet channel will be free for a certain time and then it will cost you however many points Nintendo wants to charge for it after that. But if you dl it before that time, then it will be free!

Everything I read says the official Opera browser will be 500 points, which is $5, I think.

Bryan_ said:
Everything I read says the official Opera browser will be 500 points, which is $5, I think.
Read here: http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/12/22/

Specifically:
Nintendo is currently offering a free trial of Opera for Wii which is now available for download. The release of the final version of the Opera browser for Wii is currently scheduled for late March 2007. Opera for Wii will remain a free download until June 30, 2007. After June 30, Opera will be available for download from the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii points. Users who download Opera before June 30, 2007, can continue to use the browser at no cost for the lifetime of the Wii system.

Back