Exam Results

Ronan

WiiChat Member
Aug 5, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
So i just received my exam (standard Grade - 15/16 years old) results today and i am very happy with them.

Anyway, i was just wondering if anyone else are receiving results on exams soon or have already received them

Also, what do you call exams you sit when you are 15/16 in US?

I already receaved them in June... all my notes were great except math which was regular...

I belive what you're talking about is a Report Card in the US it comes out every Semester which there a 4 and on the Final Report Card its the years average for each subject. There also Exams like HSAp that determine whether you're ready to leave high school and SAT and ASAP to dertime what king of college you get in.

similar. america is different, u gotta get good grades to go up to the next year. in UK, u can be dumb as **** and go up every year (but theirs different sets for each pple, just incase ur stupid)

MetroidZ said:
similar. america is different, u gotta get good grades to go up to the next year. in UK, u can be dumb as **** and go up every year (but theirs different sets for each pple, just incase ur stupid)
God bess uk!

I'm getting my A-level results back on Thursday. I'm hoping to get two A's, but 2 B's will do just as well. I only need 2 B's to get into my local University (saves on accomodation cost- which I can then spend on the Wii), and do Film Studies (will also be making stuff outside of uni as well, like hoping to write and make a gaming sitcom).

MetroidZ said:
This intrigues me. What about people with learning difficulties, are they kept back indefinately too? (by learning difficulties, I mean people with dyspraxia and mental retardation and stuff). I suppose they just go to a "special school", but do the same rules not apply there? Kinda bad, cos then those people will have that label all their lives, in spite of their own determination to learn.

In America you get report card every year but you need more than good grades to get into a good college or university, you also need extracurricular activities. You also have do well on the SAT(Scholastic Aptitude Test) which tests your basic high school knowledge. In october I have to take the PSAT.

Back