Exam Results!

Frogger said:
I hate you. D:

How did you do so well!? And in french.

I don't have a clue how I did that well, and for French... I understand most of French since I'm Mauritian, and the language is almost the same lol, helps a bit! Your results are amazing too! I was really happy when I opened my results... then you hear people saying... 10 A*s!!!!!

Celestial said:
I don't have a clue how I did that well, and for French... I understand most of French since I'm Mauritian, and the language is almost the same lol, helps a bit! Your results are amazing too! I was really happy when I opened my results... then you hear people saying... 10 A*s!!!!!

"HEY, WHAT'D YOU GET?"
"7 A*s and the rest A's."
"...Thank God I never made a bet with you."

Seriously, some of my friends got that, they actually buckled down and started to work all year, and tried to do their best in everything, and somehow it paid off. I would have thought that involved totally not having a life. I remember when I used to be smarter than that girl, but it's all worth it. I'm glad I didn't waste my teenage years.

But anyway people.

Look at that freakin' B in maths and applaud me please.

Frogger said:
"HEY, WHAT'D YOU GET?"
"7 A*s and the rest A's."
"...Thank God I never made a bet with you."

Seriously, some of my friends got that, they actually buckled down and started to work all year, and tried to do their best in everything, and somehow it paid off. I would have thought that involved totally not having a life. I remember when I used to be smarter than that girl, but it's all worth it. I'm glad I didn't waste my teenage years.

But anyway people.

Look at that freakin' B in maths and applaud me please.
OMFG OMFG
YOU PASSED MATHS ?!/!?!?1?!?
Must be lies...
Now for the results everyones waiting for...

Art : A
Business Studies : B
Design Technology - Resistant Materials : B
English : C
English Lit. : C
German : D (expected)
Maths : AAAAAAAA couple of marks off an A* :(
P.E : B
Science : CC

I passed 9 out of 10 baby yeeeaaaahhh :D
Jokes aside Frogger, you did better then me overall in results, and I seem happier then you...

Wiired said:
OMFG OMFG
Must be lies...

Jokes aside Frogger, you did better then me overall in results, and I seem happier then you...
The man that everyone had been waiting for has arrived. :lol:
Seriously Mike, those are some great grades.

Wiired said:
OMFG OMFG
Must be lies...

Veryy nice! lol I could've easily gotten an A* in Maths if it didn't include coursework, I can never be bothered with it... Got 294/300 in module 5! So happy about that

Wiired said:
OMFG OMFG
Must be lies...

Ahahahaha.

No one in our school got an A for art.
I wanted to kill myself over that result.

You seem to have good english skills, I loved the english exams. D:

just so you know, GCSE don't really go towards anything, and next year gets a whole lot harder.

I can see the more harder work for highers! compared to Standard Grades, Try Higher Maths i don't see how you are supposed to remember it all in a year! Plus its only been about 1 month of coursework!

Plus are english people still on holiday?!!?!!

Last edited:
oooo a results thread :D Well i got:

Maths: A*
English: A*
BS: A*
French: A
Spanish: A
IT:A*
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A
Physics: A
English Lit: B
RE: A
PE: A*

Some guy in my school got 13 A* and in 4 of the exams he was in the top 5 in the country :mad5:
However im happy with my results

LOL, UK grades confuse me..... Too many letters dammit.

I got a 3 (of possible 5) on Advanced Placement US History..... It's a bit above average (relative to the above average people though)

US FTW!

It's not that hard to understand the English grading system:
A*: Exceptional performance
A: Excellent
B: Good
C: Satisfactory
D: Below Average
E: Poor
U: Unclassified

At GCSE, A-C is a pass.
At A-Level, A-E is a pass.

Simple.

Yep English people are still on holiday. Schools start to go back around the 4th September, although I don't go back to Uni until the 20something of September.

Oh and come on people, GCSE maths was a complete walk in the park! It was piss easy! Everything from the coursework to the exam!

And GCSE's mean absolutely NOTHING at all whatsoever. Apart from if you are required certain grades to get into a 6th Form College. Like in my 6th Form we needed 5 passes (A-C's), but even then they let other people in. But that's nothing really. So unless there's some other reason for you to do well, like you'll get money or something, there's no reason for people to try their absolute hardest to get like 27 A*s. Those people annoy me! If they can do amazingly well without trying then fair enough, or they can try very hard but also have a life then so be it, but otherwise, they annoy me!

And GCSE's mean absolutely NOTHING at all whatsoever. Apart from if you are required certain grades to get into a 6th Form College. Like in my 6th Form we needed 5 passes (A-C's), but even then they let other people in. But that's nothing really. So unless there's some other reason for you to do well, like you'll get money or something, there's no reason for people to try their absolute hardest to get like 27 A*s. Those people annoy me! If they can do amazingly well without trying then fair enough, or they can try very hard but also have a life then so be it, but otherwise, they annoy me!

THAT's what's confusing. I get the letter grades, but the names and orders of the classes themselves....

And I laugh everytime I see "maths"......

English and American intrigues me.

Brawny said:
THAT's what's confusing. I get the letter grades, but the names and orders of the classes themselves....

And I laugh everytime I see "maths"......

English and American intrigues me.

Maths?? lol are you kinding? whats hard to understand about it??

ANyways our standard grades are kinda important (well in out school anyways) because if we don't get a credit grade we can't sit a higher ( a A-level) but have to sit a INt2 first then in 6th year take the higher is we passed.

Back