Excite Truck: Custom Soundtrack causes my Wii to freeze

rem7777

WiiChat Member
Apr 20, 2007
Hello,

I've just bought Excite Truck and love the game!

However, whenever I try to use my SD card to play MP3 files in game, my Wii freezes completely. It stops responding to the controller and the only way I can get it back is to hold in the power button on the front!

I have used the same SD card and MP3 files in the Photo Channel and they play instantly with no problems.

Does anyone else have this problem with Excite Truck or know how I can fix it?

Thanks

rem7777

that sux buddy, i always wanted to have a custom soundtrack for my excite races ... sadly i have no SD card reader with which to put mp3's on ... ill still be on the look out.. what kind of SD card you using? there are threads on here that list the problem cards

I have never had a problem with mine. I have been using a Patriot Micro SD card. Everytime I play Excite Truck it works fine and has never froze.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I actually have 2 micro SD cards. A "SanDisk flash memory card - 1 GB - microSD" and a "ByteStor 1GB Micro SD Card". Both of these give me the same problem and both have totally different MP3s on them.

The most annoying think is that they both work fine in the Photo Channel, but not Excite Truck.

Any ideas?

That is pretty bizarre. I have a Fuji 2 Gig SD card and have had no problems with the custom soundtrack in Excite Truck.

Maybe try reformatting the card? Or try uploading songs onto the SD card from a friend's computer and see if you experience similiar results.

I have no idea man. I usually use mine in my cell phone but one day I decided to toss it in the Wii and started playing excite truck and all my songs started to play.

In the sound menu of Excite Truck do you have it set to play from your SD Card? Also what other files are on the SD Card?

Create a folder in the SD Card called Music and place your .mp3 files in there and see if that works.

Thanks, it looks like no-one else has this problem, then?

If I set the game up to use the SD Card as default, then it just freezes when I try to start the race.

If I set it to use the standard in-game music as default and then press (+) before the start of the race to get the sound options, I can choose SD card and it lists all my MP3s but as soon as I highlight one of them it just freezes up.

My MP3 files are already in a folder called "Music" on both cards and I only bought one of the cards 2 weeks ago.

I'll have a go a re-formatting one and see what happens........................

Thanks for the advice.

I tried formatting one of my cards, put some music and photos back on it... tested it in the Photo Channel and it works.

Tested it in Excite Truck and my Wii freezes completely :mad:

Anyone got any ideas?

its either the game the sd or the wii either way u should call nintnedo

i have no problems playing my mp3s on excite truck

Mukeliller, do you have a newish phone, if so go and buy a micro SD card and then put all your songs, photos, videos or whateva through your phone onto the SD card and then just take taht out, put it into the larger attachment for the wii and then your good to go.

Thats what i am doing at the moment and mine is fine, although i just hav a 256mb because im only using it for songs so i dont need 1gig or anything

Back