Exiting Gamecube games on the Wii

StevenNevets

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
My controllers finaly came in and I was just testing my games out. The games, memory card, and controllers (3rd party) all work great.

The only problem is that once you enter a Gamecube game the Wii-Mote is useless, it won't turn on. Because of that there is no way to use the home button to get out of it. The only option I've found is to hit the power switch manualy.

I'm guessing this isn't just me? They deffintly need some kind of update to resolve this problem, minor or not.

You can take out the disc and reset the console,

Miragepie said:
You can take out the disc and reset the console,
that too but have you found any way to exit without any power/reset combo?

Yeah, I hope they fix this with an update because it's really annoying. I was going to bring my wii over to a friend's house just to play SSBM but then I realized I'd have to bring my sensor bar as well because you have to use the wiimote to start the game from the Wii Channels, then click Start and then once you're in the game, you can't get out without restarting the Wii! I hope they release an update that lets you move around the cursor with the Gamecube Controller's left analogue stick so you don't even need a sensorbar/wiimote and pressing like a combination of buttons would let you go back to the Wii Channels.

Last edited:
Also have you guys noticed that the Wii doesn't even record your playtime when playing GCN games! Man that sucks so ive found the only way is if you write down your times in the message board.

I don't have a problem with what it currently is. All you do is press power and power again turn it on

NateTheGreat said:
I was going to bring my wii over to a friend's house just to play SSBM but then I realized I'd have to bring my sensor bar as well because you have to use the wiimote to start the game from the Wii Channels, then click Start and then once you're in the game, you can't get out without restarting the Wii! I hope they release an update that lets you move around the cursor with the Gamecube Controller's left analogue stick so you don't even need a sensorbar/wiimote and pressing like a combination of buttons would let you go back to the Wii Channels.

Or why not just do the the DS does for SP games, provide a setting to autorun gamecube games when present!

It is stupid to have to use the Wiimote to start a game just to switch to the Gamecube remote!

xstatic said:
Or why not just do the the DS does for SP games, provide a setting to autorun gamecube games when present!

It is stupid to have to use the Wiimote to start a game just to switch to the Gamecube remote!
EXACTLY! Another great idea. I wonder...does anyone think there is a way to auto-run gamecube games by holding down a combination of buttons on the gamecube controller? I'm guessing there might be because developers who want to use the classic or gamecube controllers for Wii games would get sick of having to use the wiimote.

I don't have wii but gamecube, so I don't know exactly what the problem that u guys are having now.

When I play GC with my GC system, i just open the disc tray, take the disc out, close the disc tray , and press the power button.

what's so different about it this time?

JoonKimDDS said:
I don't have wii but gamecube, so I don't know exactly what the problem that u guys are having now.

When I play GC with my GC system, i just open the disc tray, take the disc out, close the disc tray , and press the power button.

what's so different about it this time?
Now all you have to do is press the Reset button on the front of Wii to get back to the Wii Channels menu, but that's irritating because when playing a Wii game, rather than a GC game, all you have to do is press the Home button on the wiimote which brings up a menu that allows you to get out of the game and back into the channels without having to get up. I know it sounds lazy, but because you can do so many things from the channels menu, like play VC games, check the weather, make miis, look at pictures, etc, it doesn't feel cohesive when you have to get up and reset the Wii, causing it to reset which takes time and then you get back to the menu.

Hope that made sense.:D

NateTheGreat said:
EXACTLY! Another great idea. I wonder...does anyone think there is a way to auto-run gamecube games by holding down a combination of buttons on the gamecube controller? I'm guessing there might be because developers who want to use the classic or gamecube controllers for Wii games would get sick of having to use the wiimote.

When I called Nintendo about a problem I had they said that if enough people requested this change they would likely add it.

So call them!

I have a classic controller, and no gc or vc games yet, but I did connect the controller to my wiimote and was able to click menus within the main screen from the classic controller, no sensor bar needed. So that's another option. But I'm assuming most of you want to be able to use your wavebirds, right?

tuned said:
I have a classic controller, and no gc or vc games yet, but I did connect the controller to my wiimote and was able to click menus within the main screen from the classic controller, no sensor bar needed. So that's another option. But I'm assuming most of you want to be able to use your wavebirds, right?

Any controller for Gamecube would be ok with me.

Back