Extended Warranty - Good or Bad?

cubbie

WiiChat Member
Jul 18, 2007
Hi,

This is my first post and I'm glad I found this website! The Wii is amazing! We purchased it for our kids, but I'm having just as much fun as they are!

We've bought the Wii and 3 extra remotes 5 days ago. I had to return one remote for exchange at Best Buy today. The remote wouldn't respond, even though I tried several things that I found on this website. The other 3 would work fine, but the troubled remote wouldn't.

Anyway, should I consider paying $40 for the 2-year warranty on the Wii console, $9 for each remote (2-yr warranty) and $6 for each nunchuck (same warranty)?

I have read several pages of problems in another forum on this site and I'm beginning to wonder if I should bite the bullet.

Thoughts???

Remember Nintendo gives a 15 month warranty if you register your Wii.

I say nay for the Wiimotes. Thats an extra 27$ that could be used to buy a new Wiimote if you broke one somehow.

I turned down the option for an extended warranty at best buy. It also said in the wii instructions that you can actually lose your VC games and content unless you send the wii back to Nintendo.
Since you have kids maybe it wouldn't hurt to extend the warranty on the wii hardware itself

I bought mine from GamesCrazy They Offered us a 1 year warranty at the price of $30 US. but i didnt take it =]
and plus how are they going to give me a replace Wii if they are all sold out?
Rather send it to Nintendo to repair it but have to wait a few weeks =[
Oh well saved $30 =]

It'd be a good idea to slap an extended warranty on the wii, but you shouldn't consider paying 3 warrantys on the wii controllers. If one of them happens to break you would still pay less money to fix it than to be paying for numerous warantees. I'd bet no more than one of your wii hardware will break, if any at all.

Back