External Hard Drive Support (wouldnt this work?)

f1982

WiiChat Member
Feb 20, 2007
Firstly, why has no developer come up with a hack of some sort to allow you to plug a USB hard drive into the wii?

But I just had an idea. Would it be possible to have some sort of connector which fits on the end of a USB cable to make it fit an SD card slot?
If so, do they exist, because I can't seem to find any. I see no reason why they couldnt exist, and it would mean we could easily plug our external HDs into our wiis. Watch films, play homebrew etc etc.

i dont know about the sd card slot one but for the first one about the hack, you can only hack the wii if you know how the operating system works. since only nintendo and some other companies know that, no one is going to make any hacks.

thas said:
i dont know about the sd card slot one but for the first one about the hack, you can only hack the wii if you know how the operating system works. since only nintendo and some other companies know that, no one is going to make any hacks.

It's only a matter of time. However, Nintendo are notoriously secure with their hardware. The Xbox and the Playstation 2 were hacked months before the Gamecube was.

However, as with any console (or any hardware, such as Sky+) hacking is inevitable and all the companies can do is try to delay it as much as possible.

Back