external hardrive?

spellbound

WiiChat Member
Jun 30, 2007
Alright not sure if there is already a thread or not, if there is I apoligize I looked and did not see anything.

Can a wii play games through usb? like for example, if i had a external harddrive with games loaded on there as apposed to discs.

Could/can the wii load the games if connected through usb?

spellbound said:
Alright not sure if there is already a thread or not, if there is I apoligize I looked and did not see anything.

Can a wii play games through usb? like for example, if i had a external harddrive with games loaded on there as apposed to discs.

Could/can the wii load the games if connected through usb?

No it can not.

A Rumor Is...

There is a rumor though that nintendo is making there own external harddrive that will go in to the USB slot though!:yikes:

PS3Stinks said:
There is a rumor though that nintendo is making there own external harddrive that will go in to the USB slot though!:yikes:

Actually quite contrair Nintendo HAS NOT COMFIRED THIS YET and even i have called nintendo and nope they do not comfirm that being made in the progress. My guess is that codejunkies might make one because they made one for the 360 and ps3.

MRCOOLGH said:
Actually quite contrair Nintendo HAS NOT COMFIRED THIS YET and even i have called nintendo and nope they do not comfirm that being made in the progress. My guess is that codejunkies might make one because they made one for the 360 and ps3.

That wouldnt work cause the wii is programmed to not work with a external hard drive, so they would have to have a frim ware update in order for it too work. Which maybe a surprise:yikes:

Actually...

laderer5 said:
That wouldnt work cause the wii is programmed to not work with a external hard drive, so they would have to have a frim ware update in order for it too work. Which maybe a surprise:yikes:

Well Laderer you have a point but contrair the wii is designed to work with external devices that are written in the wii OS. Like datels lan adaptor is written in the wii's OS that allows it to work. so if im correct the wii doesnt require a firmware update. Its ready for that out of the box its just that the people have to understand the wii OS to get it right thats all. By now whoever is making the first one has to be working out the clink and kinks. so think about it really hard.

MRCOOLGH said:
Actually quite contrair Nintendo HAS NOT COMFIRED THIS YET

Umm, yeah, that would be why the poster indicated it was a RUMOR.

MRCOOLGH said:
Well Laderer you have a point but contrair

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

-I.M.

They should also look into allowing you to write longer messages on the Wii because I talk allot on some stuff.
I also wouldn't mind it being in SD form they would just make an update that would say now the SD cards don't just get saved on they expand or something weird like that and have work any old SD card laying around my room.

PS3Stinks said:
They should also look into allowing you to write longer messages on the Wii because I talk allot on some stuff.

same here I end up having to send another message because it wouldn't fit on the first. WHY NINTENDO WHY???????????????

Doing so will definitely open up the way for downloadable content and caching data to the HDD. Maybe it's Nintendo's trump card. If they really want to give the Wii some extra legs for the future, then they should make one.

Not to be a complainer but did any one else notice that the Wii is really loud when it has a disk in I didn't notice my Wii was loud until somebody told me theres was.

Back